Thread: MVS MV-1C Unibios Issues

MVS MV-1C Unibios Issues

I bought a consolized MVS and it was working fine at first, playing original carts (KoF '98), but then I started getting error messages that stopped my games. The error messages are always slightly different. I e-mailed the person who sold me the MVS and they told me to "push down on the unibios, maybe it got loose". I opened up the console to look at the PCB and it doesn't look like any of the images when I search for "MV-1C Unibios". Any idea what could actually fix this problem? IMG-0601 (2).jpgIMG-0599 (1).jpg

if you look up to the fuse there are 2 chip sandwiched, the top one is the unibios. check if all legs are rightly soldered with the original rom legs

Thanks. Forgive my ignorance, but are the 2 legs on the bottom left supposed to be off the board like that?

IMG-0603.jpg

Maxima's Barber

It is safe to leave those two pins unconnected.

Hmm...well it seems like everything is connected then. This is what I get for buying a CBox.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Try cleaning the cart(s) and the cart slot.

4th pin from the left on the bottom of the unibios (towards the jamma connector) looks a little wonky in the picture. Can you see if it's connected? If you have a multimeter, test for continuity between the top and bottom of each pin on the unibios. That will at least rule out that much.

Thanks that is helpful. I do not have a multimeter. I also do not have a soldering iron...I'm assuming I need one to ensure connection? If so, any budget recommendations?

Hardened Shock Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by borgi View Post
    Thanks that is helpful. I do not have a multimeter. I also do not have a soldering iron...I'm assuming I need one to ensure connection? If so, any budget recommendations?
    Plenty cost effective soldering irons on Amazon that will do the trick. You may want to just consider a Neo Bios Masta and a regular Unibios install. Bypass that whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    Plenty cost effective soldering irons on Amazon that will do the trick. You may want to just consider a Neo Bios Masta and a regular Unibios install. Bypass that whole mess.
    I think thatís the route Iíll go. Thanks everyone for the help.

by the way i have found very interesting to use unibios on a surface mounting chip

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    Even better a NeoBios Masta VMC. doesn't require any soldering and adds a memory card to your MVS system. Best of both worlds.

https://www.neogeofanclub.com/projects/neobiosmasta-vmc

Hardened Shock Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by Hawwa View Post
    Even better a NeoBios Masta VMC. doesn't require any soldering and adds a memory card to your MVS system. Best of both worlds.

https://www.neogeofanclub.com/projects/neobiosmasta-vmc
    Fair enough. If you are gonna make the effort might as well dump the extra bucks into it and get more functionality out of it.

VMC has been out of stock for a few months. But there's a newsletter you can subscribe to that will notify you if they go back on sale

Cheng's Errand Boy

Or PM Brian on twitter. I did andhe told me via PM when it was for sale again.

He also publishes interesting vg stuff so...

The twitter username is @turfmasta

Thread Information