Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to not buy fake AES shit...a guide

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

If you can't open a Neo cart with your bare hands, ur a fagit.
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by glazball View Post
    Eventually small snake cameras will be cheap enough though. A quick google search showed a few around $250 and 5.5mm was the smallest head I saw. They'll certainly get smaller over the years. Of course even if we can get a camera in the cart, it doesn't mean jack shit if we can't see good detail and know what to look for. I could slide one up my ass and do my own colonoscopy, but it wouldn't do much good without a doctor's knowledge of wtf I'm seeing. It would give the camera some added flavor though and certainly up its resale value.

X-ray'ing AES carts is an interesting idea, but unless you mean "x-ray" in the general sense of looking inside (ie, ultrasound), there would be no way afaik to make out anything meaningful. Plus with 2 boards in the cart they would be on top of each other in the picture. I would think actual x-rays would damage or probably damage something anyways. So yea, provenance is still best for now.
    Getting a camera inside would answer as many questions as opening it. I think you may have the answer.

An xray should be able to tell the shape of the PCB and maybe if there are eproms. But a conversion from legit parts would probably pass.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

Quote Originally Posted by glazball View Post
    Eventually small snake cameras will be cheap enough though. A quick google search showed a few around $250 and 5.5mm was the smallest head I saw. They'll certainly get smaller over the years. Of course even if we can get a camera in the cart, it doesn't mean jack shit if we can't see good detail and know what to look for. I could slide one up my ass and do my own colonoscopy, but it wouldn't do much good without a doctor's knowledge of wtf I'm seeing. It would give the camera some added flavor though and certainly up its resale value.

X-ray'ing AES carts is an interesting idea, but unless you mean "x-ray" in the general sense of looking inside (ie, ultrasound), there would be no way afaik to make out anything meaningful. Plus with 2 boards in the cart they would be on top of each other in the picture. I would think actual x-rays would damage or probably damage something anyways. So yea, provenance is still best for now.
    You need to X-ray your head I think, glazball.
    Last edited by theMot; 05-08-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greedostick View Post
    This place is a pool of toxic garbage. A bunch of old, grumpy, hateful, negative, hater assholes that don't even play Neo Geo.

Thread Information