Gals Fighters Rerelease April 29 Platform TBD -Speculation Switch

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
It'd be cool if they did another snap-case release with these two.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I don't know... does anyone care for this? I mean it's been more or less a flop on the Neo Pocket back in the days already.

But as long as there are enough people buying the old shit the wheel keeps turning I guess :(

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
I’ll buy a collection of NGPC games if they come out on a cart.
I have a feeling they are going to do a collection for the Evercade, so why not do one for the switch too.

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
I don't know... does anyone care for this? I mean it's been more or less a flop on the Neo Pocket back in the days already.

But as long as there are enough people buying the old shit the wheel keeps turning I guess :(

It seemed like when the Samurai Shodown Pocket game came out it was received really well, so I'd imagine SNK is going to now trickle out the library one-by-one onto various platforms. A collection really would be preferred, though...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Gal Fighters is cool and all, but it ain't no Match of the Millenium.

Still nice to see re-releases of NGP games.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
A physical collection of these ngpc releases would be great. Having the option to play these on the big screen is a nice enough reason for me to support the effort. I’m happy to see these titles return though.

Though the entire library is excellent, my vote is also for Math of the Millennium :buttrock:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
My vote is og card fighters clash or a translated version of the second one, I think I logged more time with that one than any other, such a brilliant game. But I’d be happy with MOTM, hope we at least get Fatal Fury as well.

I want to pick up Pocket Rumble on Switch or Steam when it goes on sale one of these days, I know that’s a spiritual successor to these NGPC fighters.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
If it's SamSho NeoGeo... I am kinda bummed that it won't have SamSho 6. That game needs more good ports.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
No Neo Pocket stick, no buy. I've bought that indie Neo Pocket style game for the Switch, it was cool and all but it was missing something. I wish they'd release a left Joycon with a Neo Pocket Stick already.

English version of Cardfighter Clash 2 though... :buttrock:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
No Neo Pocket stick, no buy. I've bought that indie Neo Pocket style game for the Switch, it was cool and all but it was missing something. I wish they'd release a left Joycon with a Neo Pocket Stick already.

English version of Cardfighter Clash 2 though... :buttrock:

Oh snap welcome back CORY.

I hear ya about the loss of the ngpc thumb stick, but the possibility of playing Match of the Millennium and the rest of the ngpc library with a real arcade stick via usb on the switch has to be at least a little intriguing, no?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Oh snap welcome back CORY.

I hear ya about the loss of the ngpc thumb stick, but the possibility of playing Match of the Millennium and the rest of the ngpc library with a real arcade stick via usb on the switch has to be at least a little intriguing, no?

Thanks bro! :buttrock:

I've tried that on Wiimednafen with a modded AES stick. I don't know, it's probably nostalgia speaking but I always end up going back to my Neo Pocket whenever I feel like playing these games. It just feels right. I'm an old fart though, you'd probably enjoy them on a big screen with an arcade stick.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Yes it does. At least I haven't found a way to switch it off. You may zoom the complete picture in, so that the actual NGPC screen is filling up most of the screen.
You can switch On/Off a LCD filter but it darkens the picture a bit. Maybe it shall emulate a real NGPC in normal lit environment?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It'd be better if they remade the game with breast physics and 400 billion costume DLC's !!

#SanerStyle

vandalpir8

New Challenger
10 Year Member
My vote is og card fighters clash or a translated version of the second one, I think I logged more time with that one than any other, such a brilliant game.

I've been playing so much Card fighters on my modded Switch, but I would LOVE to get it out there officially! It's such a great game! If they could put out the second one in English, I would just be so happy.

Having the option to play these on the big screen is a nice enough reason for me to support the effort.

For some reason, this gave me "Consolized NGPC" flashbacks, but I totally agree!

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
We need Saner's opinion before this thread can go any further.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes it does. At least I haven't found a way to switch it off. You may zoom the complete picture in, so that the actual NGPC screen is filling up most of the screen.
You can switch On/Off a LCD filter but it darkens the picture a bit. Maybe it shall emulate a real NGPC in normal lit environment?
Press the minus button, you can turn the system overlay off and enlarge the play area.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Press the minus button, you can turn the system overlay off and enlarge the play area.

Nice thanks for the info I haven’t picked this up yet but I was curious like white castle

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Can't imagine playing any NGPC game without the awesome stick.