Why do you collect?

Shackleford

Banned
The subject says it all.

What drives you to collect for the Neo, or any other system for that matter?

Is it all simply a pissing for distance competition where you buy more games than you could ever complete? The need to show off to strangers on a forum, by posting pics of all the game related stuff you have managed to hoard?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The subject says it all.

Is it all simply a pissing for distance competition where you buy more games than you could ever complete? The need to show off to strangers on a forum, by posting pics of all the game related stuff you have managed to hoard?

Lol sounds like a loaded question.

Because it’s my hobby. I enjoy game collecting and traveling. I can’t travel constantly so I collect and preserve shit.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
It fills the void that self-esteem and getting laid are supposed to fill. Duh.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The more games I have the bigger my penis becomes and it means I never have to argue with the wife about buying games. Smiles all round!

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I only collect games that I will play. Usually co-op titles. It's that simple.

PS : OP is a faget.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I suffer from a personification based form of Synaesthesia, causing me to feel sympathy for specific types of things and attribute feelings and emotions to them, based on previous emotional experiences involving the items. Also, resulting in a perceived emotional reciprocation from objects. Ex: Because I love and take care of them, then by virtue of that relationship they love and provide companionship to me.

Thankfully, this doesn't interfere with my normal daily life.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Selling stuff I am bored of takes effort.

orc.one

n00b

I like art.

I collect sometimes just for the visual art, music, or some aspect of play that the game has.

But my primary motivation is exploration. I can waste a lot of time in the Scott Gets to Explore Islands genre. Such is the direction the aggregation leans, anyway.

By nature, most of that is platform agnostic. Even now, "exploration" has broadened my interest into other genres.

Does it really make sense to be bothered if I collect books I still haven't read? Or if in my modest video game aggregation there are games I haven't finished?

There are all manners of enthusiasm and means to celebrate how we spend our time off, but complaining about how others participate seems hollow.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Because old games are awesome, and being able to play them and hold them is part of that experiences. They look cool and they feel cool.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Because old games are awesome, and being able to play them and hold them is part of that experiences. They look cool and they feel cool.

Wait until you experience what a vagina is like!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Authenticity. The very fact at any moment a slight breeze could fuck up my cartridge rendering all my progress for naught is exciting. It adds a complete new challenge to playing video games.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
defines.jpg

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This account seems familiar... oh, nvm, it’s already been locked.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I was inspired by The Art of the Deal.

kirax7

Cheng's Errand Boy
I haven't really collected in a long time but I used to collect for NGCP.

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
I don't collect games. I buy hardware because I love hardware. And I love fixing and tinkering it. Collection part comes from the fact that I'm too lazy to sell anything.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Quite simple, a man needs a hobby. But why video games? In Germany arcades were X-rated thus became my personal forbidden fruit. Thanks God for Greek and Italian immigrants and their snack bars, as they always had a cabinet present and successfully circumvented the § 33c, which legally defines gaming as gambling, at least for a short period of time. Long enough for me, though, to get bitten by the bug. And what a sweet one it was. Then, the day I met Ghosts 'n Goblins, I learned a new word: Münzgrab, which means 'coin grave'. That's what we German slackers call a quarter muncher with ease, because, you know, we have the metric system ;).

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
I mainly collect due to nostalgia, I love the art work and still enjoy the games. And it's a hobby at the end of the day.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Most of the games I "collected" were back in the day before the crazy prices of today. They were just games I wanted for current or recent consoles. I got a complete MVS set because I just naturally got close buying Neo games I wanted, most of the games were very cheap, and it's my favorite system, so at that point, why not? I like having a complete library of Neo games.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Most of the games I "collected" were back in the day before the crazy prices of today. They were just games I wanted for current or recent consoles. I got a complete MVS set because I just naturally got close buying Neo games I wanted, most of the games were very cheap, and it's my favorite system, so at that point, why not? I like having a complete library of Neo games.

That's the #1 reason I gave up on collecting Neo games entirely... got into the party too late. I'm probably just gonna make do with the banana multicart and (maybe) a Neo SD in the future. I'm still collecting PCE games though because it's the only console that really gets me excited for buying 90s plastique, I love everything about it even though I have zero nostalgia for it (but I'm still gonna relegate myself to a Turbo Everdrive for the dumb expensive titles).

I'm glad console prices aren't as inflated. All hail flashcarts and ODEs!