Questions about Neo Geo mini button configuration

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
I Just bought this system

I just want the standard Neo Geo CD button configuration due to the weird generic layout of the Neo Geo mini pad. I don’t understand why someone would make the bottom layout A, C, B, D
as befire it was

I tried to play Kof 95 and I selected the button configuration that I should have the Neo Geo mini CD configuration

However the a button was the light kick C button was light punch the B button was heavy kick and the D button is heavy

Can someone assist me please as even settings on the main screen doesn’t allow me to change them

I have the JPN version if that makes a difference

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
There is no UI settings where you can universally change the controller button layout. However... Because the games offered use the AES version then if the game supports it you can change the button configuration from the individual game's settings menu.

I will boot up my mini and see if I get the same problem with KOF 95 you are describing.

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Found the right settings... FINALLY!
Don't know why but there was NO rhyme or reason to what the buttons were set to. The button inputs changed as I swapped as I used different input settings. I could not simply say "Light Punch is this button let me just swat it where it needs to be"... No it got rescrambled each time I tried that. No idea why it works like this but it does. I tried A LOT of combinations until I finally got the right one for the original CD pad configuration. Please see the attached photo for the right pad setting you are looking for on KOF 95. Haven't ran into this problem on other games on the system. Maybe it's a KOF 95 only thing?
20200426_204654.jpg

Player 1 pad setting

Last edited:

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Found the right settings... FINALLY!
Don't know why but there was NO rhyme or reason to what the buttons were set to. The button inputs changed as I swapped as I used different input settings. I could not simply say "Light Punch is this button let me just swat it where it needs to be"... No it got rescrambled each time I tried that. No idea why it works like this but it does. I tried A LOT of combinations until I finally got the right one for the original CD pad configuration. Please see the attached photo for the right pad setting you are looking for on KOF 95. Haven't ran into this problem on other games on the system. Maybe it's a KOF 95 only thing?
View attachment 56409

Player 1 pad setting

Thank you �� friend