NeoPocket GameDrive (Flash Cart) in Stock at Stone Age Gamer

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up, seems very cool.

Too bad this has a 3D printed shell. Wonder if it's possible to put the insides into a real NGP game shell.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
There's a slot on the cart to insert the micro SD card so for sure a swap won't work with out cutting an original shell.
And yeah, the plastic does look really cheap. But if it's going to stay in your Neo Geo Pocket then it might not matter.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I have the first release of this cart and it’s great. This shell is supposed to be better than the first release one, and I thought it was just fine.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have the original release of this as well but last year Retro HQ was selling the new shell separately on their site for those that wanted to upgrade. The new shell uses something called SLS 3d printing which is apparently of higher quality. The finish quite different on the new shell compared to the old on and it more closely resembles the design of an original cart shell.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
If it's the SLS process I'm familiar with the parts have a fairly uniform grainy/powdered texture and tend to look good. A far sight better than the FDM casings that SainT was previously using.

Wonder if it's possible to put the insides into a real NGP game shell.

For whatever reason the creator seems to not want to (or can't) design his PCBs so they fit in standard injection molded casings already available, like the Atari Jaguar. I get that slots would have to be cut/filed for the inevitable SD card but it would take minimal tooling.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Didn't the creator (Saint I think his name was?) get banned from here because he was peddling this product, while he was a new member of this forum? Or something about pissing the mods off? I can vaguely recall some shit went down...