Analogue Neo / Scanline City

GamingCult

n00b
Pretty interesting review of the Analogue Neo in 2020:

https://youtu.be/wL8IZnhDA80

I’ve always enjoyed the videos from this channel, pretty high production value. Very niche product reviews, which is probably why his stuff gets lost in the chaos that is YouTube.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looks stupid, thank fuck that didn't come out. Also if you want an even better Neo Geo console you can buy an AES.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
Talk about unwieldy. I'm sure this was made for a countertop but lord, imagine being player 1 and trying to sit with that thing on your lap.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Talk about unwieldy. I'm sure this was made for a countertop but lord, imagine being player 1 and trying to sit with that thing on your lap.

giphy.gif

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Honestly looks like a pile. You pay huge money for inconvenience and no flexibility. No thank you. Waste of cash when you can get a nice original big red for less than the original MSRP.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
WTF is that and who is that for? Why would you put an MVS INSIDE of a dual arcade stick? I'm good with Analogue's recent stuff (I know a lot of folks are anti-analogue here), but their wooden Neo's from years ago were always baffling to me.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I was wondering if the latest Scanline City episode would instigate a thread on here - hey presto.

The AI hate runs deep within these walls.

I still wish AI made Neo sticks though. They were quite good.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
$1500 for wood, two sticks, and an MVS board!? Shit I can do that for $300 and an afternoons worth of work...but I wouldn't jam two sticks into one enclosure. I tried the dual Saturn stick once with someone else...hated it

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, I don't see the appeal. Wood work looks nice.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Didn't Capcom start this horrible trend? It makes no fucking sense.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Yea, I don't see the appeal. Wood work looks nice.

I mean I COULD see the following

MVS pcb, custom supergun, RGB out...all that jazz. You could make a custom enclosure with TWO sticks in it, But in the middle either bevel in some super strong magnets and / or some latch mechanism. So you could play as a 2P single unit, or "break" the stick in two for comfort. Throw some weights into the one stick that doesn't have the gun / pcb in it so it's the same weight.

On the back of the non-PCB stick just have a DB15 female port, and on the back of the stick that DOES have the PCB, have a male one. Connect the two via a a small DB15 cable for 2P shit. Like a daisy chain

When both sticks were ATTACHED at the middle, you could break the female port out internally as well, and run a cable from one "unit" to the other, wiring them up internally. Have both stick "boxes" latch elegantly at the front for ease of connection.

Or just have two sticks and ignore the dumb combo thing altogether lolol

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That's some terrible design, Jesus Christ. Who's analogue marketing those for?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I mean I COULD see the following

MVS pcb, custom supergun, RGB out...all that jazz. You could make a custom enclosure with TWO sticks in it, But in the middle either bevel in some super strong magnets and / or some latch mechanism. So you could play as a 2P single unit, or "break" the stick in two for comfort. Throw some weights into the one stick that doesn't have the gun / pcb in it so it's the same weight.

On the back of the non-PCB stick just have a DB15 female port, and on the back of the stick that DOES have the PCB, have a male one. Connect the two via a a small DB15 cable for 2P shit. Like a daisy chain

When both sticks were ATTACHED at the middle, you could break the female port out internally as well, and run a cable from one "unit" to the other, wiring them up internally. Have both stick "boxes" latch elegantly at the front for ease of connection.

Or just have two sticks and ignore the dumb combo thing altogether lolol

Yea, the two things I could give it a plus for is that it's Neo-Geo and seems to be a solid piece. At least it looks like something solid well built. Form Factor is shit though. The Daisy Chain thing would make more sense than this. A nice cmvs with two quality sticks ultimately wins out.

I own 2 player panel superguns and although they are built tough and could play different arcade boards it has to be placed on top of something like a coffee table or desk. Putting it on your lap or something that isn't sturdy just isn't ideal.

Another thing is storage. Because it doesn't come apart it's going to take up alot of space because it's so wide.

Jeff was probably like I've had this thing sitting around for so long and never play it. Why don't I just sell it?

The Scanline City dude seems like a nice dude and does have a arcade stick fetish. Maybe he'll mess around with it more.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
That voice really got on my nerves, turned it off after 20 seconds and yes dear god what a monstrosity of a design.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Yea, the two things I could give it a plus for is that it's Neo-Geo and seems to be a solid piece. At least it looks like something solid well built. Form Factor is shit though. The Daisy Chain thing would make more sense than this. A nice cmvs with two quality sticks ultimately wins out.

I own 2 player panel superguns and although they are built tough and could play different arcade boards it has to be placed on top of something like a coffee table or desk. Putting it on your lap or something that isn't sturdy just isn't ideal.

Another thing is storage. Because it doesn't come apart it's going to take up alot of space because it's so wide.

Jeff was probably like I've had this thing sitting around for so long and never play it. Why don't I just sell it?

The Scanline City dude seems like a nice dude and does have a arcade stick fetish. Maybe he'll mess around with it more.

Kind of makes me want to do a one off consolized MVS with marching sticks.

CMVS, two matching sticks, and done. But I don’t need one so I don’t see any point in it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Analouge could've at least put some cup holders on this thing. That's the only way I'd pay that much for it.

Needs cup holders.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Analouge could've at least put some cup holders on this thing. That's the only way I'd pay that much for it.

Needs cup holders.

While you're at it add an ashtray.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Well it's certainly a conversation starter!

Beckett

n00b
Interesting concept, but I'm not sure it would get any playtime from me. More than likely would collect dust in my closet or something.

orc.one

n00b
takes design notes, written in longhand

(except for the bit about cupholders)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Interesting concept, but I'm not sure it would get any playtime from me. More than likely would collect dust in my closet or something.

I wouldn't even want to try storing it in a closet. It would take up half the damn space