PIKO Interactive Tweet from April 9th

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why assume this is an altruistic endeavour? "Contributing " ? To their own bank accounts, at least.

There is shit tons of money to be exploited when it comes to the Neo. Who would refuse a mob of fools' money?
Oh, I'm not saying that at all. You're right, they are contributing by doing business. Still though, Piko is known to release previously unreleased games on other consoles, and I wish they could find a way to do that for the Neo.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Oh, I'm not saying that at all. You're right, they are contributing by doing business. Still though, Piko is known to release previously unreleased games on other consoles, and I wish they could find a way to do that for the Neo.

Yeah I'll wait for when they actually release Eye of Typhoon or Sun Shine to shower them with praise.

EDIT: come to think of it you should be wishing that piko DOESN'T get their hands on protos, you just said you hope someone acquires something without "messing with it". It's not every proto that's playable from beginning to end... and Piko is a business, so no ROM will ever be released 4 free by them. You know what will probably happen with that unfinished ROM for him to justify putting it on a physical cart, right?

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll be happy if those get released by anyone at all. Guess I'm assuming that if they got a functioning rom of something like that they wouldn't mess with it.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I dunno. Wasn't rage of dragons a complete mess license wise, as was power instinct, with some crossovers? Brave of anyone to touch it with a barge pole, and possible excuse for any misstep over the announcement.

Any other similar prototype could have all kinds of things wrong or not sorted with code/sfx/music/arts rights... Will see, but could end up as more hassle than it's worth...

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I dunno. Wasn't rage of dragons a complete mess license wise, as was power instinct, with some crossovers? Brave of anyone to touch it with a barge pole, and possible excuse for any misstep over the announcement.

Any other similar prototype could have all kinds of things wrong or not sorted with code/sfx/music/arts rights... Will see, but could end up as more hassle than it's worth...

ROTD was supposed to have been a Double Dragon licensed game, but Breeza/Evoga/Noise Factory were unable to license the property so it ended up being a game inspired by DD. There's no infringement on copyright or legal controversy.

As for Matrimelee, the rights were legally obtained from Atlus by Noise Factory. The sequel on the PS2, Shin Gōketsuji Ichizoku: Bonnō Kaihō, was published by Excite but also developed by Noise Factory.

Last edited: