PIKO Interactive Tweet from April 9th

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Reason why I pop up, is mainly because the Retro Gaming Scene is easily persuaded in to believing in rumors that start out of thin air on twitter, facebook, reddit and forum threads.

Then offer an actual solution to stop rumors and stop dangling the carrot and tell everyone what the game actually is. If you actually do know how the retro game community acts and thinks... Then stop acting like hording "gatekeepers" of content and share/tell people what you have. What are you doing this for? To hype it up and make it more "valuable"? That shows only your self interest and not about the interests of the good of the community.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm only interested in unreleased games, but I wish you guys would stop trying to drive Piko Interactive away from this forum. They are running a business that actually contributes to gaming, and I don't know if the rest of you guys are doing the same.

I don't see a reason to always harass people we disagree with until they go away.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
How very professional Piko Interactive conducts themselves. I see nothing but success in their future!

What better way to hype your product and endear yourself to your customer base than to come in and act like a total dicksauce? :P

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm only interested in unreleased games, but I wish you guys would stop trying to drive Piko Interactive away from this forum. They are running a business that actually contributes to gaming, and I don't know if the rest of you guys are doing the same.

I don't see a reason to always harass people we disagree with until they go away.

Brah, do you even NG.com?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

You're getting soft in your old age!

giphy.gif

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

quite true. I own a few Piko games myself. I like what they are doing. Not everything appeals to me, but there's some good out there.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
If Piko releases an AES game that was previously only available on MVS (like Shock Troopers for instance), I might be interested if the price was right. But if there was already an official release, I don’t really see the point of re-releasing it.

Last edited:

NexusX

Astra Superstar
If Piko releases an AES game that was previously only available on MVS (like Shock Troopers for instance), I might be interested if the price was right. But if there was already an official release, I don’t really see the point of re-releasing it.

Then just buy a conversion or repro AES cart and call it. A day. Functionally it will be the same thing.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Then just buy a conversion or repro AES cart and call it. A day. Functionally it will be the same thing.

Oh but that means it isn't real because it's not 'official' :thevt:

Dr. Meat

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member

I'd really rather see some high quality content that we don't already have access to in some form or another.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
haha keep your money for now NexuX,

I promised the creators to hold the announcements for a bit while they arrange some things internally.

But I can assure these things:

1.- It is NOT a Puzzle game.
2.- It is NOT a Prototype.
3.- It is NOT a Hombrew/inde game.

Yayyy! Crouching tiger hidden prostitute 2020!!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Didn't they just buy vektorlogics IP?
Neo-stars or whatever, nothing to get excited about

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So - It's Rage of the Dragons apparently... yay? :thevt:

Popped up on the FB group this morning. I don't have a twitter account, but it should also be announced via Piko's feed from what the group said. No announcement as of now if there will be a reissue of the original, just that they've acquired the rights.

https://realotakugamer.com/piko-interactive-acquires-rights-to-rage-of-the-dragons-ip?fbclid=IwAR1V2LIqZSVF6WLdDY_i20Bw42m3WzJ5PVtWxX1-tVh2rf4DnsbYirqmgFc

Ah I see, so this is why it never appeared in the ACA releases. Hamster managed to release Noise Factory’s Sengoku 3 so it was a little odd that their joint project with Evoga never turned up. I didn’t realize that the Evoga Rage of the Dragons IP was separate. This explains why it was missing from ACA’s neo geo mvs releases (they made it to 108) along with other notable games:

Visco titles: (presently with Josh Prod?)
Andro Dunos, Breakers, Breakers Revenge, Bang Bang Busters, Captain Tomaday, Flip Shot, Bang Bead, Ganryu, Goal! Goal! Goal!, Neo Drift Out, Neo Mr. Do, Puzzle de Pon, etc

Technos titles: (formerly Million Co., now with Arc System Works?)
Double Dragon, Gowcaizer, Super Dodge Ball

Hudson: (with Konami?)
Kabuki Klash, Neo Bomberman, Panic Bomber

Atlus: (?)
Matrimelee

Capcom partnership:
SVC Chaos

WindJammers (currently with Paon DP inc.)
Nightmare in the Dark
Tecmo World Soccer
all Mahjong games, Quiz games, Fight Fever and a few others

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Someone who has the connections, please acquire an unreleased game and release it without messing with it.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I for one, actually enjoy the nonsense that is Rage of the Dragons.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
talking about Rage of the Dragons, I will leave this here if it is Ok ;)

https://www.facebook.com/rageofthedragons/posts/2626235754148957

Sup moyetor. Thank you for sharing this for those interested in one of the poster sets.

The request for cartridge serial numbers is a little odd though :scratch:

Their description says it's to verify that contest entries are not reusing existing photos from the internet, but you would think that the photo of the entrants holding the cartridge itself would be sufficient for that.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Sup moyetor. Thank you for sharing this for those interested in one of the poster sets.

The request for cartridge serial numbers is a little odd though :scratch:

Their description says it's to verify that contest entries are not reusing existing photos from the internet, but you would think that the photo of the entrants holding the cartridge itself would be sufficient for that.

It’s more to brag about serial numbers. My MVS cart didn’t have a serial but I was told I’m getting the posters.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member

Why assume this is an altruistic endeavour? "Contributing " ? To their own bank accounts, at least.

There is shit tons of money to be exploited when it comes to the Neo. Who would refuse a mob of fools' money?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Why assume this is an altruistic endeavour? "Contributing " ? To their own bank accounts, at least.

There is shit tons of money to be exploited when it comes to the Neo. Who would refuse a mob of fools' money?

Razoola contributed, Xian Xi contributed, NTM contributed along with many others. PIKO is here to conduct business and drum up hype over their products which always turn out to be disappointing. I don't like how they conduct their business, come to us and make an announcement or fuck off with your rumour mill hype train.