PIKO Interactive Tweet from April 9th

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Whatever it is, I'm not buying it because of this faggotry.

If it's an official former release, then I hope it's a re-release of a game that is near impossible/far too expensive to get a hold of; Kizuna Encounter, Ninja Master's, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, The King of Fighters 2000, Last Resort, Neo Turf Masters, Sengoku 3, etc.

Please offer reversible Euro/Dog Tag Style Insert, clam shell style cases with a slipcover inspired by old-school Neo-Geo AES cardboard game boxes; kinda like those VHS style slipcovers found on some Blu-ray movies.

It is none of those games. and thanks for the suggestion, will definitely look into different inserts etc.

I've done sleeves for other games before, and shouldn't be a problem.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
So are we talking re-release of a game already out, or something entirely new? (as in, unreleased until now)

So are we talking re-release of a game already out, or something entirely new? (as in, unreleased until now)

Yes it would be a re-release on this particular project.

Discussing a couple other mixed between re-release and hopeful on finding the rom files for an unreleased one.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Yes it would be a re-release on this particular project.

Discussing a couple other mixed between re-release and hopeful on finding the rom files for an unreleased one .

If it's Rage of the Dragons or Matrimelee, I would be ...mixed between "highly motivated to purchase" and "ecstatic". :lolz:
But it's probably more low-profile.

Last edited:

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
It is none of those games. and thanks for the suggestion, will definitely look into different inserts etc.

I've done sleeves for other games before, and shouldn't be a problem.

I've a hunch it's Garou Mark of the Wolves. I know all about it's merits, but it lacks the fun look and roster of it's predecessors.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
hopeful on finding the rom files for an unreleased one.

Yes we as a community are always hopeful of finding rom files of unreleased games. The difference between ourselves and you is that anything we were to find would be shared, not kept hidden. I have no issue with someone making a profit either, I'd happily pay for a Neo product. I have no issue with people safeguarding proto's either so long as they share what info they have at the very least. Look at all the great contributions that have been made over the years by great members such as NTM.

This silly game of carrot your playing has gotten under my skin and I say that as an owner of some of your products. By all means spout whatever you want on your Twitter account but this particular forum we do not keep tight lipped about things. This forum is for people who want to discuss the Neo Geo.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Whatever it is, I'm not buying it because of this faggotry.

I don't think neo-geo.com regulars were ever the target audience for it aside from euro users that complain that a SNK book shipped the wrong way inside the plastic sealed sleeve. But yeah great job at trying to bring people on board to your Neo stuff, not that this will matter since for one critical forum member there are 10 oblivious shelf queens elsewhere.

Yes we as a community are always hopeful of finding rom files of unreleased games. The difference between ourselves and you is that anything we were to find would be shared, not kept hidden. I have no issue with someone making a profit either, I'd happily pay for a Neo product. I have no issue with people safeguarding proto's either so long as they share what info they have at the very least. Look at all the great contributions that have been made over the years by great members such as NTM.

This silly game of carrot your playing has gotten under my skin and I say that as an owner of some of your products. By all means spout whatever you want on your Twitter account but this particular forum we do not keep tight lipped about things. This forum is for people who want to discuss the Neo Geo.

Sorry to get under your skin.

Here is some homework

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Sorry to get under your skin.

Here is some homework

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement

I'm well aware of what an NDA is and I am well aware of why you cant talk about this situation. My point (that you completely ignored) is that it is bad manners to come to this particular forum and stay tight lipped because we have a community here who share information. As I have said, say what you want on Twitter. Also, look into hiring a PR person because you suck balls at PR.

Also, NDA or not, you have form for this particular behavior.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of what an NDA is and I am well aware of why you cant talk about this situation. My point (that you completely ignored) is that it is bad manners to come to this particular forum and stay tight lipped because we have a community here who share information. As I have said, say what you want on Twitter. Also, look into hiring a PR person because you suck balls at PR.

Also, NDA or not, you have form for this particular behavior.

I didn't started the thread. You did. And why do people always pull the PR card when someone claps back at them haha.

Last edited:

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I didn't started the thread. You did. And why do people always pull the PR card when someone claps back at them haha.

I know I started the thread, thanks for pointing that out. Of course, you are free to post wherever you like but do you not see how annoying it is? The members here are discussing a topic and you pop in like the fat kid who refuses to share their candy. If you cant say anything or wont say anything your going to ruffle feathers here so its probably best to stay away. You can see that in this thread and the last one (which I was supportive of you in).

Oh and if people keep "pulling the PR card" on you, you should probably start listening. I am literally a member of your target audience (I am already a customer) yet here you are, arguing with me and proving my point!

(My point being that you suck at PR)

I know I started the thread, thanks for pointing that out. Of course, you are free to post wherever you like but do you not see how annoying it is? The members here are discussing a topic and you pop in like the fat kid who refuses to share their candy. If you cant say anything or wont say anything your going to ruffle feathers here so its probably best to stay away. You can see that in this thread and the last one (which I was supportive of you in).

Oh and if people keep "pulling the PR card" on you, you should probably start listening. I am literally a member of your target audience (I am already a customer) yet here you are, arguing with me and proving my point!

(My point being that you suck at PR)

Reason why I pop up, is mainly because the Retro Gaming Scene is easily persuaded in to believing in rumors that start out of thin air on twitter, facebook, reddit and forum threads.

I know our first announcement was about "crappy homebrew games for Neo Geo" I understand people got excited and then disappointed. Those games are still part of the history of the Neo Geo that's why we got them.

This time around, you started with the Neotris guessing, which is damn dangerous as We've done contract work for other companies with Tetris licensed projects. We created an actual tetris engine for retro platforms from scratch, so if there is a rumor we are publishing a tetris clone on Neo geo, it could get us sued.

That is why I come in and I say as much as I can say at the current time for this particular project. Some of you choose to be rude, dismissive, and sarcastic, I personally love to be sarcastic too when I answer to such comments.

If you don't like that I need to come and put off fires and rumors, I am very sorry, I truly am, but I have to do it.

You may choose to request the admins to ban this account and well your problem is solved.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Why would I want your account banned? That would be the work of a pussy, which I am not. Look, this whole situation started because of your continued policy of dangling carrots. It is a very annoying strategy and as you can see, it is not working. I suggest that if you have nothing to say, then don't say it. And by all means, if you have something to share, please share it.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
How very professional Piko Interactive conducts themselves. I see nothing but success in their future!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You may choose to request the admins to ban this account and well your problem is solved.

Oh that sort of request never goes down well here.

On topic, tell me how many hours of dev time did it take to create NeoTris? :keke:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I wonder if Piko got the same Visco "license" NCI "had."

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I wonder if Piko got the same Visco "license" NCI "had."

Care to elucidate a n00b? What did they reprint without a proper license?
I feel like Piko, current developer of tetris clone NeoTris and sole publisher of said software, probably has a license though. If I were to fake a license of some obscure dead company I would be going for more interesting software.

Care to elucidate a n00b? What did they reprint without a proper license?
I feel like Piko, current developer of tetris clone NeoTris and sole publisher of said software, probably has a license though. If I were to fake a license of some obscure dead company I would be going for more interesting software.

Haha this made me chuckle, set my self up on that one didn't I?

Anyways, See you guys in about two or three weeks with the next clue for the name game!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Ok, after an exchange of saucy wife pics (not mine) with pikointeractive, I found out what the game is. You guys are gonna love it!!!!!

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
:snack:

If it's a re-release of a rare game, I'll just get a repro from Walter or something. That's essentially what these re-releases are (like Columbus Circle's Visco releases) - just price hiked because "rare & official." If it's an (interesting) unreleased game, then you'll have my attention.

nmsc

n00b
I've been happy with the stuff I purchased from Piko in the past, but regardless if its a re-release or an acquired new game, if its not "reasonably" priced I have zero interest. I understand Piko buys IP's to release them and that is there business model and so they need to make a profit, but selling it at premium just because its Neo- Geo game is just trying to take advantage of the collectors, when they already are selling games for more more obscure systems than Neo in the $50-$60 range. Of course it will be eaten up when you have people paying $400 for tetris.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
If it’s the lost neo geo Ninja Gaiden II beat em up then I’m in, otherwise...