PIKO Interactive Tweet from April 9th

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I see that they have just Tweeted this: "Some one we know just acquired and incredible Neo Geo Game! Holy crap!". I'll try not to get carried away though as they tend to overblow these things. Its probably Neotris or summat...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
They can never just, y'know, name the fucking game when they make these announcements can they?

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Yes its really annoying. We had to wait MONTHS the last time before we found out it was some homebrew titles we already knew about from years ago. I'm sure all the speculation will be the usual Pinball Fantasia, Eye of Typhoon etc... but its probably nothing exciting.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
OK, OK I said I wouldn't get carried away but... Piko seem to have acquired some Unico games recently. For those that do not know, Unico are a South Korean developer who produced some Street Fighter 2 rip offs back in the day. There is a SLIGHT chance that this could be something to do with Eye of the Typhoon. I say that because, I would imagine some of the Unico employees also worked at Viccom at some stage. If you look at Unico's game "Dragon Master", it looks very much like Fight Fever & Eye of the Typhoon.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Find a proto? cool, release it like NTM did with Dragon's Heaven. Don't hoard it, don't hype people for months with fuckall to show for it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Unless it was something near complete, I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering.
I agree it's likely something puzzle related. Which is not terrible news , but I'm not expecting something massive.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
I'll take that bet. Can I pm you our paypal?

Anybody else?

Sure. I will gladly do that.... If you tell me what proto Neo game you have in your possession after payment (If I am not right about the puzzle game). I will gladly burn $20 just to get a real awnser and end this unnecessary dangling carrot act.

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Hopefully it's not some garbage homebrew that some guy in the mid 2000's whipped up in his basement.

haha keep your money for now NexuX,

I promised the creators to hold the announcements for a bit while they arrange some things internally.

But I can assure these things:

1.- It is NOT a Puzzle game.
2.- It is NOT a Prototype.
3.- It is NOT a Hombrew/inde game.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Judging by the quality of other Piko Interactive releases, I wouldn’t expect much.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

I promised the creators to hold the announcements for a bit while they arrange some things internally.

PM me what the game is and I'll send you some wife pics.

NexusX

Astra Superstar

Mmmhmm... And the carrot dangling continues.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Hmm... let's see:

We have access to the Visco stuff but so far, we don't see eye to eye in cost of IP. May be in the future. There is other NG game we can acquire but I need to drop serious amount of cash. Also, may be in the future.

The future is now, right? Maybe not... then maybe it's a bass fishing game?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper

If it's an official former release, then I hope it's a re-release of a game that is near impossible/far too expensive to get a hold of; Kizuna Encounter, Ninja Master's, Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, The King of Fighters 2000, Last Resort, Neo Turf Masters, Sengoku 3, etc.

Please offer reversible Euro/Dog Tag Style Insert, clam shell style cases with a slipcover inspired by old-school Neo-Geo AES cardboard game boxes; kinda like those VHS style slipcovers found on some Blu-ray movies.