AES Serial # 000004 from BlockBuster Video Found

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There’s a few dudes who might just drop the $45k for that home system. It’s a rare treasure, numbered for _his_ pleasure.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Could the seller not be bothered to get those fucking stickers off before asking that amount? Jesus fucking christ.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Could the seller not be bothered to get those fucking stickers off before asking that amount? Jesus fucking christ.

If we don't rewind our games, we won't be able to play them again. Explains why too many games are played once and then forgotten on the shelf.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nice lot. Probably trying to beat the imminent market crash.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
Crazy good shape for being a rental system. I guess there was a security deposit high enough to discourage most people from checking it out.

The_jake

n00b
I’m guessing the bulk of what they’re asking is for said system. There’s definitely not 44,800 worth of games there.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Why would you want a NEO-AES when you can easily find a 3-4,3-5 or 3-6? Oh you mean that low quality sticker has a number with lots of 0's? Oh right that totally makes sense.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Provenance

LMBO

Yet those stickers were certainly used in the mid-to-late 90s. Before that, the 'be kind, rewind' stickers were just plain, either black text on white background or blue text on white background. So what was the fourth unit to be produced in 1990 doing for the first seven or so years of its life?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Why would the 4th system in production end up with an American company?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
US model number was different. Maybe they have a separate Serial count than the. Neo-O ?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thanks to Anthony Durso on Atari Age for posting.

You mean the Anthony Durso who is the topic starter of The Official NEO-GEO Thread on Atariage.com and welcomes veterans and newcomers in a friendly and mature environment? We we definitely owe him one...

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's Neo-Geo 000004 but you have to live with the fact that a million goobers rented it since the launch of the system before it got into your hands.
As long as the condition's good, I mean... Some of my favorite games in my collection are former rentals. I wish I'd bought the Sega CD Snatcher that my grocery store video rental had growing up. Even though the case and manual were out on a shelf for years, where presumably thousands of grocery shoppers put their mitts on it.

But yeah, this is just an AES system. I think I can live without buying this one. It's in pretty good condition, but not for that price.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
How can the serial number be authenticated? Can it be forged?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Aaaaand gone. Maybe someone needed a Kizuna manual for future projects. :keke:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
18j1nvtj9fn9kjpg.jpg

AES 00000004!!! AES 0000000004!!!!!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Aaaaand gone. Maybe someone needed a Kizuna manual for future projects. :keke:

Didn't the listing just end unsold?

EDIT: I guess it's "no longer available" so who knows. Probably got tired of messages offering a more realistic amount. Seems more like a $15k lot or thereabouts.

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Didn't the listing just end unsold?

EDIT: I guess it's "no longer available" so who knows. Probably got tired of messages offering a more realistic amount. Seems more like a $15k lot or thereabouts.

Yeah could be right. Or someone made a big enough offer privately so it sold. We will never know (except if suddenly a few NOS Kizunas pop up with perfect manuals ;) ).

Missile

Another Striker
Looks like a fake. I imagine all the low numbers were given to employees and SNK staff