Issue with multicards in 1 slot MVS

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Hello, I'm having an issue that's really bugging me. I recently bought a cab with a 1 slot (the long MV1F board) , all the legit games I have work fine but when I run either the 161-1 or the NEO SD I get random resets and illegal exception error messages? I've tested the +5 and I'm getting a 5.06 on the board and I've cleaned the cart slot with deoxit. Just can't pinpoint the problem because sometimes the games do run ok for longer then other times it's crashing more often. I'm wondering if it's maybe an issue with the cart slot or is it maybe the unibios (it is an older v2.2) that's not liking these multis, as these are all unibios errors that pop up. Thanks

pier

Crazed MVS Addict
161in1 is notorius buggy, try to open and find what pcbs are inside the shell and search for a possible fix in the 161in1 stability tread

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
It's the Neo Sd that I'm more concerned about as that works perfect on my consolized unit

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Could be a bad power supply. Multicarts in my Neo29 would always crash until I recapped the power supply.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
I hope not, why would legit games run ok if the power supply is bad? Don't really know much about this stuff

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Multicarts consume more power, are cheaply made, and not designed particularly well.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
I've had the psu output 5.15 and still problems, even so the +5 looks good under load. I've actually got another board on the way so if that has the same issues I'll know

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
In the context of consuming more power, it's about the amperage, not the voltage.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
With a multimeter. it's different than checking voltage and resistance. You'll have to look it up.