MV1 board won't power on

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Hi all,

I sent a working MV1 board to a bud internationally, and he didn't test it originally after arrival. He removed the onboard battery, cleaned off dusty components with some IPA, let it dry, but upon attempting to power it in a confirmed working JAMMA cab/harness, the board does nothing, and the PSU fan moves and shuts off.

My gut reaction is something shorted, but I'm trying to work out with him how to debug the issue. Other than board flex, and maybe a short from cleaning with IPA, is there anything he could do to troubleshoot? I assume he doesn't have a hot air station.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd be checking the wiring with a multimeter. If it's a problem with the board I find it odd it would develop a short serious enough to cause the PSU to shutdown. I mean it went into a box and then out of a box....

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah, it was delivered a good month ago, and I have video of it functioning before it was sent, so I knew I was covered on my end. He ended up unsocketing and resocketing anything he saw on the board, and viola, it works? AFAIK, there is only the BIOS and cart slots that have sockets on the MV1 board. I can't imagine a BIOS causing the PSU to short out, but the cart slot was screwed down for shipping.

Either way - problem solved, i guess?