JAMMA ground wire melting

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
v9dugwB.jpg

not sure if I am somehow getting voltage coming back the ground...but my one ground wire is melting and has exposed some areas in the line. Any ideas why this would happen?

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
v9dugwB.jpg

not sure if I am somehow getting voltage coming back the ground...but my one ground wire is melting and has exposed some areas in the line. Any ideas why this would happen?

Would trace it back to where it comes from and check it out.

Coming straight off the power supply?

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Check all the connections in that ground bundle. If some have failed the remaining wires will overdraw amperage and cook.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most likely a short if it's pulling enough current to melt the insulation. Trace it back immediately.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
So I traced it around and it was the ground going to my jrok? Snipped the wire out and connected the jrok ground to the audio ground. Plays fine but will keep an eye on it.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
So I traced it around and it was the ground going to my jrok? Snipped the wire out and connected the jrok ground to the audio ground. Plays fine but will keep an eye on it.

Hm. Maybe something about the connection to the TV?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

What bothers me is the 12v line next to the the -5v. if it's by mistake they're tied together under the insulation, it's sudden death.

For MVS it's ok as the system doesn't have the -5v line connected. With other systems it can be a fry fest. I'd remove the insulation and make sure it's not tied to the -5v line.