Supergun sync cleaner question

Im installing a sync cleaner with a switch into my supergun. On the jnx tutorial it doesn’t have ground going to the switch. It’s a spst switch with 3 tabs. Top pin is to the sync cleaner and the encoder. Middle pin gets the jamma sync. Bottom pin goes to the sync cleaner. Every other component in the supergun is grounded so not sure if I should ground one of the pins. I’ve put a lot of love into this thing and really don’t wanna fuck it up. Any help would be appreciated

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
It will be fine. I asked JNX on messenger to help me figure out my sync switch the same as yours. You can't ground one of the pins because it will disable sync when thrown that direction. The switch just acts as a router for the encoder giving it either the jamma sync or the stripped sync. I totally understand putting in the love and not wanting to ruin it. However this is a fairly safe operation and even if you were to mess it up it most likely wouldn't ruin anything. If you have any other questions ask away.

It will be fine. I asked JNX on messenger to help me figure out my sync switch the same as yours. You can't ground one of the pins because it will disable sync when thrown that direction. The switch just acts as a router for the encoder giving it either the jamma sync or the stripped sync. I totally understand putting in the love and not wanting to ruin it. However this is a fairly safe operation and even if you were to mess it up it most likely wouldn't ruin anything. If you have any other questions ask away.
Thanks for the response!! That’s great news. The jnx tutorials has been the shot. Hardest part of my build has been fitting everything inside my enclosure. I guess there’s a reason arcade cabinets are big as shit. If I could turn back time I would double the size of my enclosure

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I had the same problem, made my enclosure as compact as possible and really paid the price for it. Luckily mine is 3d printed and fixing it wouldn't be too much work lol