AES price

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
some fagit on the TO discord bought a US AES with 1 controller and no games for $700, because he wanted the US bios. i'd say the guy on facebook got a deal.

i socketed my japanese AES bios and added a legit US AES bios that i got from xianxi cheaply. i wonder if he has any more or if they've all dried up by now.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
we'll probably see a substantial decrease in the price of expensive Neo Geo games as a result of the economic fallout from Covid-19. Luxury items are going to be the first thing to go when people need money.

Neo Geo home carts are recession proof. People are selling rare games in private, but the price of the games are not dropping and there are plenty of buyers with the money to spend.

COVID will get you access to the games and that's it. You'll still need 4k if you want an English MOTW or Metal Slug X.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Neo Geo home carts are recession proof. People are selling rare games in private, but the price of the games are not dropping and there are plenty of buyers with the money to spend.

COVID will get you access to the games and that's it. You'll still need 4k if you want an English MOTW or Metal Slug X.

Well you can always keep tabs on collectors on FB like a filthy fucking vulture, just so you can lowball the wife/kids for their sweet dogtag AES carts after they get the 'vid and drop dead. Wouldn't be the first nor the last time this happened.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Well you can always keep tabs on collectors on FB like a filthy fucking vulture, just so you can lowball the wife/kids for their sweet dogtag AES carts after they get the 'vid and drop dead. Wouldn't be the first nor the last time this happened.

That's fucking genius

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
To quote a former british SAS member:

Names! Give me the names!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It’s not just genius, it actually happened recently.

And that just tells me the idiots aren't bothering to tell their families how much they're spending on this shit. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
And that just tells me the idiots aren't bothering to tell their families how much they're spending on this shit. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

That's actually VERY common. I knew a guy that would go out and buy video games, comics, and action figures. He did his best to hide his spending from his wife. I've watched him, on several occasions take shopping bags/packages and hide them by the side of his house by a window under a bush.

When she was was busy watching TV or whatever, he'd open the window and bring the stuff inside. Once inside his wife had no clue because his collection of crap was so massive.

It was pathetic but I found it hilarious. Sometimes I'd come back by and swipe his shit from the bush and watch him freak the fuck out for a few days, unable to tell his wife WHY he was upset.

She eventually left him.

That's actually VERY common. I knew a guy that would go out and buy video games, comics, and action figures. He did his best to hide his spending from his wife. I've watched him, on several occasions take shopping bags/packages and hide them by the side of his house by a window under a bush.

When she was was busy watching TV or whatever, he'd open the window and bring the stuff inside. Once inside his wife had no clue because his collection of crap was so massive.

It was pathetic but I found it hilarious. Sometimes I'd come back by and swipe his shit from the bush and watch him freak the fuck out for a few days, unable to tell his wife WHY he was upset.

She eventually left him.

Maybe he found her Target receipts

Missile

Another Striker

She eventually left him.

I do that a bit with my girlfriend. If she asks me how much i paid for a Neo Geo game. I just say about £40. I have no idea if we will get married or have a kid but I've heard too many stories about guys selling off their collections when they have a baby to pay for it.

On the other hand if she complained about me buying video games or whatever in a major way - I would leave her.

And also how dumb the families are. How long does it take to check prices on Ebay?

Last edited:

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
When my girlfriend asked how much I paid for Metal Slug 2 I told her, and she knows what I'm paying for my next game, MOTW. She gets why they are expensive and that the price is only going up, so short term 2k, 4k doesn't really matter.

I dated a few girls years ago that bitched cause I was dropping a thousand here and there for cave kits. Told them all to fuck off. Just mad I wasn't spending money on THEM.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
When my girlfriend asked how much I paid for Metal Slug 2 I told her, and she knows what I'm paying for my next game, MOTW. She gets why they are expensive and that the price is only going up, so short term 2k, 4k doesn't really matter.

I dated a few girls years ago that bitched cause I was dropping a thousand here and there for cave kits. Told them all to fuck off. Just mad I wasn't spending money on THEM.

King moment.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I just picked up boxed AES gold system and 4 games for £40 that’s about 50 bucks?

That's not how averages work you mentally handicapped donut.

bingo. My fiance totally gets why its pricey and appreciates it. Had an ex that just couldn't wrap their mind around actually owning any game thats readily emulatable.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can't stomach spending more than $800 for a single game and second thought maybe $500. No point in hiding your expenditures though, what a terrible way to live.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Yeah, if my partner had any issues with my gaming hobby I'd be making a quick exit. When we started dating years ago I made it very clear that I play a ton of video games and I spend the majority of my play money on video games. Thankfully he gets it, and even encourages it. I'm just honest about what I spend and talk over extra large purchases with him prior to dropping the cash. So long as there isn't anything pressing that needs to be done to the house that should take precedence, I don't get a lot of push back.

Like Lachlan said, I personally can't spend over a certain amount on a game, even AES. I have a hard cap at $800. It's a good thing I know how to find crazy deals, but I also don't source museum quality pieces. :)

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I typically have a hard cap of 1000. I really don't like going over that. The vast majority of my games came through trade, but I've run out of things I'm willing to trade.

I've broken my hard cap twice for Metal Slug 2 and MOTW. Once I have MOTW every game after on my list only cost a few hundred for a Japanese version.

It still blows my mind how high prices have gotten, but I don't see them going any direction but up. In the next 10 years these games could be in the unattainable 10k club.

Last edited:

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I wonder if people will give a shit about Neo Geo games in 10 years, tbh. The people that grew up with it are getting older and typically becoming less attached to the physical stuff. I would be surprised if there is much of a market for these items in the next decade.

It's hard to imagine people, currently, in their 20's or early 30's are going to keep these prices stable and at this level for another 10 years. I suppose there could be a few high end buyers left and exceptions for the most unique stuff.

People in their 50's buying high end games instead of art or wine blows my mind. :conf:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I bought a Home Console sans controller with a slotted BIOS socket from Big Bear a couple years ago for under 250.00 $. I cant see a stick being more than 70-100 bucks....either I got an insane deal or prices have sky rocketed since then.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I wonder if people will give a shit about Neo Geo games in 10 years, tbh. The people that grew up with it are getting older and typically becoming less attached to the physical stuff. I would be surprised if there is much of a market for these items in the next decade.

It's hard to imagine people, currently, in their 20's or early 30's are going to keep these prices stable and at this level for another 10 years. I suppose there could be a few high end buyers left and exceptions for the most unique stuff.

People in their 50's buying high end games instead of art or wine blows my mind. :conf:

If people are dropping fat stacks for Little Samson and Stadium Events in 10 years then the Neo Geo will still be up there.