Graphical glitches in Metal Slugs

SazanOFF

n00b
Hello friends! absolutely, I became the owner of neo geo aes, I had been thinking about this console for a long time and now I decided. The main motivator of course is the metal slug series.

But unfortunately I ran into a problem. In almost all metal slug games, there are graphic artifacts. for example, in metal slug 3, these artifacts are huge and very noticeable. Some sprites freeze on the screen and hang in this position at different intervals. I noticed that there are such bugs in all metal slug games, for example, in 5 and 3 parts they are more noticeable, in the rest they appear but less often. Thank you

I have:
-Neo Geo AES JPN
-Frameister mini xrgb
-RGB SCART cable from retrogamecables.uk

below I attached a screenshot:
https://prnt.sc/rfcdmr

Attachments

• jbO0v0VmKu4.jpg
    jbO0v0VmKu4.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 51

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Try clearing the backup ram as well

You mentioned several games being affected. Do you have games that are not being affected? Also, are the games repros, played off of a NeoSD? Legit?

SazanOFF

n00b

You mentioned several games being affected. Do you have games that are not being affected? Also, are the games repros, played off of a NeoSD? Legit?

Old games (in soft boxes) like Mutation Nation, Sengoku 2 not have this bugs.

But in metal slugs i see this bugs. I have original metal slugs JAPAN (AES)

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal

Probably a dumb question but how do you do that?

I also have a few AES games that have also have some graphical glitches and I have cleaned the piss out out of them and also the connector on the system with dexoit a few times. Nothing seems to help, Im at the point of trying another system. But I am all ears to anything that may help.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm sorry, I misread. I thought it was talking about MVS, not AES. I'm not sure if there is backup ram for an AES.

SazanOFF

n00b
This problem is very unpleasant, one friend of mine says that some capacitors inside the console might have failed. Maybe this is the problem.