Found AES in Loft After 17 Years

borisb

n00b
Moved house in 2003 and forgot about it completely. Last month I was cleaning the loft and found it hiding in the corner! Jap console, 2 controllers, memory card and 5 games. Tested it and was surprised to find that everything is working just fine.

https://imgur.com/a/DykUkVY

Got straight on baseball stars 2 (my favorite aes game) and won all 15 games in the pennant race. Also had a go on fatal fury and managed to complete it somehow. Geese Howard is a joke, you go anywhere near him and he throws you!

I’ve picked up a few more games recently but the current market prices are insane. In 2002 when I purchased the aes ,the 5 games in picture cost me £190 (40 each and 30 for aso2 due to damaged box). I recently saw baseball stars 2 euro sell on ebay for £250!

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I'll give you 50 quid shipped for everything in the photo. LMK :)

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Wow nice find. My loft turns into an oven during the summer, they wouldn't have lasted 17 years in mine. You very lucky they survived!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not bad. Baseball Stars 2 is the best of the lot. 2003 though, you could have had a much more robust collection. That was the year I sold my collection to help pay for school.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I gotta say, if you moved and forgot about video games for 17 years, you must be doing something right.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How did you forget? You never thought, "I wonder what happened to my Neo Geo?"

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nice find! I didn't realize box protectors were a thing in 2003.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This screams 'give me attention' hard.

borisb

n00b
I sold my original collection in the late 90’s when I went to university. This collection was what I picked up during a visit to a cex in London in 2002. I had about £400 to spend so that got me the 5 games, memory card, console and 2 controllers.

Other things were going on in my life and gaming went into the background. I’ve always played video games on and off my entire life. A few months ago I downloaded a free baseball game on one of the modern consoles (no names mentioned). It has good graphics/sounds but is so complex to play and was not fun at all. My mind immediately went back to baseball stars 2 which is the best baseball game I’ve ever played and then the neo came back to me. I wasn’t sure if i still had it or had sold /lost it. When younger I had an amiga/c64/snes/megadrive all of which were sold. Basically Bstars 2 triggered the memory.

Wyo – the box protectors are recent. I saw them on ebay and thought they would be perfect to preserve the games. My games were found in plastic bags. There are some ripples on the game boxes which I guess might have been caused by the heat in the loft? I’m not sure. But the main thing is they still work.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hey man that's cool. I graduated high school in 01. If It wasn't for the internet I probably would have never went down the Neo rabbit hole, I dont know. My life changed for the worst when I discovered Neo-Geo.com

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
that selection is so early/mid nineties, reminds me of a shelf I had.. good memories, thanks for posting.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I gotta say, if you moved and forgot about video games for 17 years, you must be doing something right.

A rewarding job will do that for you but damn, 17 years? This guy is living the American dream for sure (or discovered drugs...)