Analogue Nt mini Noir [One Final Run]

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Analogue just started taking pre-orders for the Nt mini.

$500 USD.

https://www.analogue.co/editions/nt-mini-noir/

Nt mini v2 features a new and perfected NES cartridge slot, updated UI, branding, packaging, and includes a new 8BitDo 2.4g controller for NES in the box. Otherwise it's the same Nt mini you know and love. Available one last time. Better than ever.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
500 is a bit too steep for my taste. Loved the NES but not $500-love

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
I already have an AVS - is there a good reason to pick this up? My understanding is that it does 1080p and can be jailbroken to accept various cores. Am I missing something?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
It really is a boat load of money. Looks like shipping to Canada is $50 USD.

$550 USD is ~$740 CAD. I'm totally priced out. For comparison $380 CAD can get you a new 1 TB PS4 bundled with a bunch of good games.

But I am going to pick-up some 8bitdo 2.4 GB game pads for the SNES and NES.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I know the Analogue FPGA consoles are appealing because they're plug-and-play, but a MiSTer FPGA gives you all the same functionality plus more consoles, computers and arcade titles for a lot less money.

Good odds that the upcoming Analogue Pocket will have NES & Famicom cores as well...

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don't see why they haven't offered a plastic cheapo version. You're basically paying for that case with this one.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't see why they haven't offered a plastic cheapo version. You're basically paying for that case with this one.

Word. Fuck that price.

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Considering the cartridge slot is my only gripe about the previous one, I think it's cool that they addressed it. It's expensive, but if you want something you can hook to any display and play all the 8-bit systems, it's worth it. Of course if you don't care about carts and want 16-bit stuff too, a Mister is probably a better use of cash.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member

Agreed.
Since this is suppose to be the last Nt Mini, I'm hoping they'll come out with a new Nt down the road which will be more inline with the Super Nt and Mega Sg at the $190 price point.
...even though I still find $190 to be expensive. I've only picked up the Mega Sg so far.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Considering the old ones sell for three times as much on eBay if you want one here’s your chance. Just don’t wait too long crying about the price or you’ll miss out.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Considering the cartridge slot is my only gripe about the previous one, I think it's cool that they addressed it. It's expensive, but if you want something you can hook to any display and play all the 8-bit systems, it's worth it.

yeah...but how do I get it to play SNES? :lolz:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I already have an AVS - is there a good reason to pick this up?

Yeah, if you want to show off to your hipster friends about how big of a douchebag you are. This console is perfect for that.
Otherwise, keep the AVS.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I am a sucker for NES, so I preordered one. Mister is definitely a better choice but there is something about sticking a cart in and just play (TWSS).

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
yeah...but how do I get it to play SNES? :lolz:

Beat me to it, “I understand all that, But how do I get to the SNES games?”JM

I have to say for 20 years going to get togethers, hosting some even, TMG/Philly Classic, that is one of the most classic lines ever.

My life would be a lot more boring twice a year without our Midwestern friend

Last edited:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I am a sucker for NES, so I preordered one. Mister is definitely a better choice but there is something about sticking a cart in and just play (TWSS).

Same. The NES is the reason I've been obsessed with video games for over 35 years.

The NT Mini does have one feature no other FPGA solution has up to this point - an internal DAC that gives you out-of-the-box access to all analog signal outputs as well as digital so it works on every monitor type (CRT or HD) without the need for any external hardware. That's pretty spiffy.

Last edited:

capnd77

Marked Wolf
"The NT Mini does have one feature no other FPGA solution has up to this point - an internal DAC that gives you out-of-the-box access to all analog signal outputs as well as digital so it works on every monitor type (CRT or HD) without the need for any external hardware."

^^^^This^^^^

This honestly is the biggest selling point for me, I have a RGB modded Famicom with a 72 to 60 pin converter which I primarily use now. It's my understanding that the NT delivers a beautiful RGB picture, so once I receive the Mini I'll off load my Famicom to off set some of the heavy price. Besides if I decide I don't want it anymore or regret the purchase, it'll be easy to off load and more than likely break even. Of course there's also the possibility that once it sells out, it commands a high premium and then it would certainly be out my reach.

Last edited:

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
The NT Mini does have one feature no other FPGA solution has up to this point - an internal DAC that gives you out-of-the-box access to all analog signal outputs as well as digital so it works on every monitor type (CRT or HD) without the need for any external hardware. That's pretty spiffy.

MiSTer gives you out of the box analog video + HDMI. So for around $130 USD, you could buy a DE10-Nano, without any add on boards, and be playing a more accurate and up to date NES core (last update was 2020/02/13) with new updates coming out for the core every other month.

When was the last time the original NT Mini NES core was updated?

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Are they still sacking original NES PPU’s for this?

rodolfocm

Another Striker
What do you mean? He just said why. Maybe you weren't around when he was selling his wooden analogue cmvs and the bs with that.

All that he said is what I quoted. He didn't say anything else.