Analogue Nt mini Noir [One Final Run]

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Apparently there was a second drop that happened today and sold out in less than a minute

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
It was probably just from cancelled orders and whatnot. When people order more than one of something, or their cards get declined or whatever, it can take a while for that available stock to be purchasable again. Happens pretty often with sneakers and other hyped stuff.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
It is almost purely the work of ebay flippers now I fear. People just want to drive the scarcity for a quick buck. AI doesn't help the issue with their marketing tactics.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
There's no advantage to these FPGA devices over emulation. The NES is completely figured out. $500 for a NES FPGA is a fucking joke. You could buy a decent enough computer to run NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Grafx, Saturn, Neo Geo, and other games for less than that while also having the ability to run shit like the PC versions of SF4 and Guilty Gear games.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
There's no advantage to these FPGA devices over emulation. The NES is completely figured out. $500 for a NES FPGA is a fucking joke. You could buy a decent enough computer to run NES, SNES, Genesis, Turbo Grafx, Saturn, Neo Geo, and other games for less than that while also having the ability to run shit like the PC versions of SF4 and Guilty Gear games.

THanKs FoR youR INPut

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
He ain't wrong tho bro and I've enjoyed my time on the Mister train. Emulation debate aside, a Mister setup and good quality control panel beats giving the patron saint of hot glue any more money.

Chris sucks, and I haven't bought any of his products, but a lot of people want to play their carts rather than ROMs. People on here are aware that emulation can take care of 99% of what they need, but FPGA stuff is a different experience. Bulbous pointing out that emulation is good in an FPGA discussion is like coming into a WTB thread for a console or game and saying "emulaiton can do it for free you idiots."

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire

I bought one to play on either my PVM or flat screen using real carts. 500 is nothing when someone will drop 2k for it down the road.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug

Software emulators have input lag, FPGA's do not. That is just one of the advantages, and a big one in my opinion.

bulbousbeard

Software emulators have input lag, FPGA's do not. That is just one of the advantages, and a big one in my opinion.

Actually you can get next frame response with emulators now, and FPGAs can have input lag. Thanks for being part of the problem.

bulbousbeard

The other thing that's hilarious is that pretty much every FPGA released so far can't even run games smoothly with HDMI output without forcing games to run at the wrong speed. The Super NT, for example, actually runs SNES games at the wrong speed to hit 60hz on modern displays with HDMI even though a real SNES runs at 60.098hz.

The Neo Geo runs at 59.1hz.

Mister has a vsync adjust option to try to work around this, but it doesn't work on most TVs.

So enjoy your choppy scrolling and erratically flickering shadows in Samurai Shodown, boys. Really "authentic" experience. In the meantime, with a vanilla as fuck PC, I can output games at their native resolution and refresh rate to a CRT with no input lag OR use a variable refresh flat panel monitor to output games at their native refresh rates. I can also output to modern displays at 4k natively unlike these underpowered FPGAs which seem to be either 720p or 1080p and often lead to horrific, blurry upscaling.

FPGAs sure are awesome.

seinfeld-annoyed-680x504.jpg

Last edited:

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Actually you can get next frame response with emulators now, and FPGAs can have input lag. Thanks for being part of the problem.

What software emulators have zero lag? I use runahead mode all the time, but that is not a solution to the problem, and doesn't work with everything.

What kind of poorly developed FPGA's are you using that have input lag?

bulbousbeard

What software emulators have zero lag? I use runahead mode all the time, but that is not a solution to the problem, and doesn't work with everything.

What kind of poorly developed FPGA's are you using that have input lag?

MAME, assuming the driver isn't trucked, has next frame response with either

1) a variable refresh monitor and "lowlatency" set to 1 in the MAME ini (new feature)
or
2) GroovyMAME output to a CRT with framedelay 9

It's been thoroughly tested. You can get next frame response. In fact, I don't think Mister has even been tested as strenuously. Every Mister benchmark I've seen has had an error range of 2 frames, which is generally fine for 16-bit era games that actually had input lag of 2+ frames on real hardware but falls apart with a lot of 8-bit games that literally respond on the next frame.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
You are aware you can run MiSTer on a CRT at the hardware's native refresh rate right?
I display my MiSTer on 2 CRT's and an HDMI monitor simultaneously and have never seen any of the symptoms you are talking about.

What kind of HDMI monitor do you have your MiSTer hooked up to? Or let me guess you've never used one before, and therefore are unaware of how it truly works.

I use both solutions all the time, software and FPGA, both are good for different reasons, but dismissing FPGA as worthless is a stupid thing to say.

bulbousbeard

You are aware you can run MiSTer on a CRT at the hardware's native refresh rate right?
I display my MiSTer on 2 CRT's and an HDMI monitor simultaneously and have never seen any of the symptoms you are talking about.

What kind of HDMI monitor do you have your MiSTer hooked up to? Or let me guess you've never used one before, and therefore are unaware of how it truly works.

I use both solutions all the time, software and FPGA, both are good for different reasons, but dismissing FPGA as worthless is a stupid thing to say.

I wasn't talking about running Mister on a CRT, was I? It's called reading comprehension. Try developing it.

You're so clueless that you didn't even realize that the games were running at the wrong speed in Mister. See, this is what I'm talking about. We have these fucking middle aged slowpokes, whose reflexes are such dog shit that they couldn't even tell if there was 10 frames of input lag, ejaculating over phony devices just because they're another physical object they can stand up next to one of their real dolls.

It's a fucking joke.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
I wasn't talking about running Mister on a CRT, was I? It's called reading comprehension. Try developing it.

You're so clueless that you didn't even realize that the games were running at the wrong speed in Mister. See, this is what I'm talking about. We have these fucking middle aged slowpokes, whose reflexes are such dog shit that they couldn't even tell if there was 10 frames of input lag, ejaculating over phony devices just because they're another physical object they can stand up next to one of their real dolls.

It's a fucking joke.

I feel like i'm in a console war with a 12 year old after reading that... maybe you are 12, I don't know.

Are you aware that since FPGA versions of Arcade games have been coming to MiSTer for example, Burger time and 1942, and so on, they have been discovering that these games have been running at the wrong speed in MAME(usually to fast) all these years, and they report these bugs, to then in turn make MAME more accurate.

So coming from someone who seems to only use software emulators, you should be happy that FPGA programmers exist, to help improve things you use.

bulbousbeard

I feel like i'm in a console war with a 12 year old after reading that... maybe you are 12, I don't know.

Are you aware that since FPGA versions of Arcade games have been coming to MiSTer for example, Burger time and 1942, and so on, they have been discovering that these games have been running at the wrong speed in MAME(usually to fast) all these years, and they report these bugs, to then in turn make MAME more accurate.

So coming from someone who seems to only use software emulators, you should be happy that FPGA programmers exist, to help improve things you use.

You don't understand that there are multiple ways to run at the wrong speed. You can run at the wrong refresh rate, or you can run too fast because you're not emulating CPU wait states, bus contention etc.

Nothing Mister has done has benefited software emulation at all. Everyone knows which games are impacted by problems such as missing wait state emulation. It's not that Mister has made some shocking discoveries that no one knew about, it's simply that due to the parallelism of fpgas they get certain benefits for free (aforementioned wait states, bus contention) that you actually have to come up with more sophisticated solutions to get right in a software emulator.

There are other things that FPGAs absolutely blow at that software emulators can do much better. The netlist emulation in MAME is going to be literally decades ahead of what you can get out of FPGAs.

Last edited:

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
You don't understand that there are multiple ways to run at the wrong speed. You can run at the wrong refresh rate, or you can run too fast because you're not emulating CPU wait states, bus contention etc.

Nothing Mister has done has benefited software emulation at all. Everyone knows which games are impacted by problems such as missing wait state emulation. It's not that Mister has made some shocking discoveries that no one knew about, it's simply that due to the parallelism of fpgas they get certain benefits for free (aforementioned wait states, bus contention) that you actually have to come up with more sophisticated solutions to get right in a software emulator.

There are other things that FPGAs absolutely blow at that software emulators can do much better. The netlist emulation in MAME is going to be literally decades ahead of what you can get out of FPGAs.

I know Jotego's FPGA arcade cores, when these flaws were found, were fixed in MAME as a result.

No shit, software emulation has quite a few years head start on FPGA, so we should just give up on FPGA development because software emulation is farther ahead?

What FPGA's have you used? And if you dislike them so much, why are you here?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
BulbousBeard's uncle works at MAME, so he's privy to all sorts of secrets. He can even get you free ROMs if you're nice to him.

bulbousbeard

I know Jotego's FPGA arcade cores, when these flaws were found, were fixed in MAME as a result.

No shit, software emulation has quite a few years head start on FPGA, so we should just give up on FPGA development because software emulation is farther ahead?

What FPGA's have you used? And if you dislike them so much, why are you here?

You're totally confused dude. The 1942 fix had nothing to do with Mister.

I'm here to shit on a $500 lump of turd that provides no real value to consumers.

I honestly don't have any problem with Mister in particular. It has a niche and isn't a transparent cash grab. Those Analog products are just a complete farce, though.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
You shit on everything dude. You don’t add anything to any topic. You’re here to just push your retarded stance on MAME and emulation.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
You're totally confused dude. The 1942 fix had nothing to do with Mister.

I'm here to shit on a $500 lump of turd that provides no real value to consumers.

I honestly don't have any problem with Mister in particular. It has a niche and isn't a transparent cash grab. Those Analog products are just a complete farce, though.

Fair enough.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
You shit on everything dude. You don’t add anything to any topic. You’re here to just push your retarded stance on MAME and emulation.

I'm convinced he can't afford any real hardware and just does mental gymnastics to explain why MAME is better. Every fucking thread he posts in goes the same direction. I just ignore him. He's a poor.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Can't you get a RGB modded top loader + an OSSC and 2 controllers for this price??