Analogue Nt mini Noir [One Final Run]

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I look at analogue's stuff like a fan made tribute...

I honestly don't think analogue rakes in the cash - sure it's a nice reward and it ensures they stay doing what they do, but it's still a niche fan project. And as cool/aloof as they might want to present their products and themselves they've undoubtably fallen down some holes through their own learning process, enthusiasm and/or personality (issues)... and at this kind of level I think you've generally got to accept that.

The problem is this level of presentation/concentration/pricing brings with it expectations of professionalism in what is one of the most priveleged, demanding, entitled and passionate of markets... And honestly I can totally forgive their product faults in that light. In terms of mis-steps, I'd prefer them to be a bit more upfront about it, even if was along the lines of 'yeah sorry we fcked up with that detail, sorry if it's a deal breaker for you, but we won't be fixing it because we've run out of energy/interest on that one, and it might open up a can of worms', but I can totally see how the awkward stone walling occurs with something like this, and honestly don't expect much in ways of customer service/relations.

I do actually find events like kid panda's telling more upsetting, because it is something that is more 1:1 and more specific. But even as disappointing as this may be, and each to their own on whether that puts them off, I think we can agree it's not Wagner levels of conflict/dilema.

In terms of emulation/simulation/bootlegging; each pushes and informs the other, and whilst analogue's product and market may be super niche, the attention it draws means only good things (so far) for preservation efforts; both software and hardware based. Sure directly there may not be too much of a relationship between the development techniques, but indirectly/tangentally they've definitely informed each other.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
How much do Christoph's wooden Neo Geo's go for these days?

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
My tracking says it will be here by this Friday. Hopefully it'll get here by Wednesday. Fedex is usually pretty quick.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So analogue definitely stretched the meaning of “noir” on this thing. Looks silver to me. Totally different than the pictures up to this point.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I hope you guys who bought this thing enjoy it and post up your impressions here. I have one of the first run Nt Minis and it is, by far, probably my most used console overall and has been for a few years now.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Mine was supposed to arrive today as well, but FedEx dropped the ball.

Jailbrake firmware was released today too.