MV-1FZ no boot with cart inserted, was working prior to today

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have a MV-1FZ that I have turned on nearly everyday and has been working perfectly until I turned it on today. I get the boot screen (green garbled screen) working just fine but it doesn't boot to the Neo Geo screen.

With no cart inserted, it boots to crosshatch, but with cart inserted, its just blank after the initial garbled screen.

Any ideas? +5V is fine, and I have not taken the board apart to inspect it yet, will do that tomorrow, but just wanted to get some preliminary ideas before I do that.

I don't suspect anything wrong with the carts themselves because I have 6 different games that prior to today were all working, but now all have the same problem (blank screen after initial green garbled boot).

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Check your dip switches and make sure dip 8 is in the 'off' position.

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Check your dip switches and make sure dip 8 is in the 'off' position.

That's exactly what it was, thanks for saving me the time of inspecting the board for things like broken traces! I don't know why I didn't even look at the dip switch settings first :hammer:

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Haha i picked up a MV-1FZ a while back from a online Shop that though it was dead/Junk said it would not power on. I saw in the pictures that the Dip switch was down. Best 35$ i spent in a while :) glad to see to see it was your issue. everyone forgets to check the Dip switches. for anyone that does not know Dip switch 8 is the CPU halt switch i believe.