AES RGB and sound

LaurenGC

n00b
Hello!

I have an AES with a Serial 104k. I bought a RGB cable, the PACKPUNCH with audio output. I have tried to connect the cable to an external speakers but seems not to be working, also I have tried the headphones jack into the aux in the speakers but no luck either. If I plug a regular headphones into the AES audio ouput sounds nice.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you got the cable I think you did the audio is an input and not an output. If it has rca jacks they are made to plug into the rca jacks of a CD system. The home system version of the cable has a headphone plug instead.

LaurenGC

n00b
If you got the cable I think you did the audio is an input and not an output. If it has rca jacks they are made to plug into the rca jacks of a CD system. The home system version of the cable has a headphone plug instead.

Make totally sense! DERP! :tickled:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The stereo cable for AES has a male audio plug on the AES side. It's supposed to plug into the system's headphone jack.

The NGCD version has phono plugs for the back of the system.

Personally, I just use a mono RGB cable and just handle stereo sound from the headphone jack separately to my audio system. I don't get scart involved in the audio.