Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Sleeve

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.2%

• Total voters

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Just curious how people store their carts. Shock boxes, cardboard aftermarket boxes, original kit boxes only, loose like a dirty hippy, other custom option?

Sorry I should have said "Windy" sleeves not Omega. Looks like they are out of business.

Example of shockboxes:

https://southtown-homebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=170&products_id=1233

The aftermarket mini cardboard boxes i'm referring to:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-ne...design-box-AES-Jamma-no-shockbox/254352001963

Feel free to post pics of your cart storage setup too!

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Loose, but lined up neatly on the shelf. I do plan to get shockboxes when it makes sense for me to pay for it. I have a full collection, so it's going to be a lot of work.

I want to apologize and say I was wrong. Originally in this community I was against shockboxes.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Loose, but lined up neatly on the shelf. I do plan to get shockboxes when it makes sense for me to pay for it. I have a full collection, so it's going to be a lot of work.

I want to apologize and say I was wrong. Originally in this community I was against shockboxes.

Haha, I love the idea of shockboxes. I have a few MVS carts in them if I bought them that way, but man I just can't pull the trigger to spend $250 plus on all the ones I would need when that's another MVS cart I could buy. You can get 20 of the aftermarket cardboard ones with included label stickers for them for under $100 shipped. That's still hard to swallow. Plus the shockboxes take up a ton more space on a shelf.

So mine are a mix of shockboxes, a few of those white omega brand I think they are sleeves, most of them loose, and one in a nice tight fitting cardboard box with a label on the end. It drives me nuts that they are all stored differently. I want them the same way neatly on the shelf.

Rtron

n00b
10 Year Member
I have mine stored in shockboxes.

I like them cause it looks very cool and I think they're not worn out so quickly as cardboard boxes might be.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
neo minibox.

best bang for buck option

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
neo minibox.

best bang for buck option

Yeah plus they take up less space than shock boxes. The main seller I found for them includes labels as well which is fantastic. That's what I was referring to when I was talking about the aftermarket cardboard boxes. I should have been more clear heh.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Can't spend 100 bucks on cardboard. You sure you on the right forum man?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
In the shopping cart next to the cardboard box I'm living in.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Some in shockboxes on a shelf. The others in a big Tupperware type container that slides under my couch.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Uses to use shockboxes but they took up too much space. Then went to the neominiboxes, and then windy sleeves, but now they're loose. I might go back to the neominiboxes, as those looked nicer and the labels are a great plus

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Can't spend 100 bucks on cardboard. You sure you on the right forum man?

Fair point ;) But it's also 100 bucks for cardboard boxes...if you'd told me before I got into Neo Geo stuff that some day I would be even considering spending 100 dollars on cardboard boxes to store games in, I would have said you are crazy. Now i'm considering it since shockboxes are 3x the cost.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This. I used to do shockboxes with printed artwork and such but it was a huge waste of space.
Perhaps, but I made sure that the new Ikea shelves I bought are tall enough for the shockboxes and left enough empty space. I knew I'd be adding the shockboxes when I bought the shelves.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Some are in the original box, but most are loose. Either way, all of them are simply stacked in the cabinet itself so they’re right there when I’m ready to play. I switch carts pretty often to practice single life runs, etc so I don’t like having to go to a separate shelf or area when picking a game. I do the same with my cps2 boards. I’d rather have everything in one spot and ready to play.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This. I used to do shockboxes with printed artwork and such but it was a huge waste of space.

I use to own shockboxes before I sold my mvs carts and I did love them. That being said they did take up unnecessary space.

I just recently started buying some mvs carts again and although I do have the space for shockboxes I think I'm either keeping them loose or going for these mini boxes.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Bought 3 Shockboxes for the NeoSD and 2 multi carts when I started with MVS. Only own one original MVS box for Sengoku 2 the rest is loose. All my AES & CD games are boxed though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Perhaps, but I made sure that the new Ikea shelves I bought are tall enough for the shockboxes and left enough empty space. I knew I'd be adding the shockboxes when I bought the shelves.

The kicker for me was when I realized I had my Neo Geo games on a large 5 shelf bookcase, and it took every bit of the bookcase with MVS carts in shockboxes. That was a lot of space to waste. Without shockboxes it all fit on one shelf. Considering I mostly just play Metal Slug, Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown, that was a ton of space dedicated to something that I really used very little.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
2 in the thing machine.1 in a frootsnack box in a padlocked chest the other in a shockbox in a small safe.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I solved the storage issue several years back when I sold of my carts.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Had to create some space for those vcr's.

Pretty much.

It's all part of my master plan.

I've enough old school tech that after the apocalypse I'll be able to set up an analog TV station to broadcast old movies across the wasteland.

I'll pretty much be the only game in town at that point. I can host my own shows, do the news, and rant about the mutants raiding parties.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I have loose MVS carts but I keep them in those see through plastic protective covers on a shelf.

Dont have the mullah for full kits.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I vote other, none of the methods listed or mentioned in this thread are up to par on how I store my MVS carts.

giphy.gif

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
I vote other, none of the methods listed or mentioned in this thread are up to par on how I store my MVS carts.

I really should have had an option: "In individual wooden boxes, each hewn from a solid log from a forest in Japan near where SNK was founded, gilded with only the finest of foil work, hand painted, and lined with the most premium of velour"