Had a baby and want to sell my collection. Tips?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I guarantee you terry330 jacked off to your wife, starscream. Keep her well-guarded from that pervert

I did no such thing. Although I do have frequent dreams about your bare bare feet while you ride ride your motorcycle like Ryo.

Pinball

Geese's Thug
Don't sell anything. Just shove 'em in a box for now, if you have to.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think you all need to live by JJ Cale's message

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
sell the baby

ezpz
Fuck. I was scanning the thread to see if anyone said this yet.

too-late-john-hawkes.jpg

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
And miss out on moments like these?

774950_10200409173695739_1838653444_o.jpg
12371253_10208557790326062_1230311496116686539_o.jpg
75233763_10220225635574901_2324364029180510208_o.jpg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Mmm hard to argue with, those are memories you just can't beat. You win this thread alright?

He looks just like ya man.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Missile

Another Striker
Have to echo what other people here say - always a mistake selling a collection. You'll just try and buy it back later - except you won't be able to afford to. Keep the baby and the collection!

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Glad to see you teaching your youngsters the magic of the Neo NGT. Cheers!

Thanks Jorge! I'm trying to raise them right! Funny, I was just telling someone at work the story of when you took me down to get my first AES game. It's been a few years. Hope you're doing well!

Pinball

Geese's Thug
If this hobby is what defines us, then selling it for whatever reason is A Bad Idea e.g. due to wife pressure. Don't do it. Not necessary and will be regretted, for sure. Bung in a box if necessary! Be a man ;-) Educate your children to be like you.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If this hobby is what defines us, then selling it for whatever reason is A Bad Idea e.g. due to wife pressure. Don't do it. Not necessary and will be regretted, for sure. Bung in a box if necessary! Be a man ;-) Educate your children to be like you.

I never understood the whole 'wife pressure' thing, do you listen to a street bum telling you to wear a tinfoil hat because the government is reading your mind? No, you don't.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I never understood the whole 'wife pressure' thing, do you listen to a street bum telling you to wear a tinfoil hat because the government is reading your mind? No, you don't.

You don't want to make enemies in your own house. It makes your life super hard and not enjoyable.

It's a fragile balance of giving and taking: I'm ok with this, but I also want that. Small compromises.

This said, I'm with Kid Panda: if the problem is money or the space the carts take and want to share your passion with your kids, sell the carts and get a NeoSD.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Have to echo what other people here say - always a mistake selling a collection. You'll just try and buy it back later - except you won't be able to afford to. Keep the baby and the collection!

Buy flashcarts. Cash out now.

Here's the thing. If you get rid of everything because you have to, either due to finances, pressure from the spouse, lack of space, whatever, you'll end up resenting whatever caused you to get rid of it and probably end up rebuying it later at a higher price. On the other hand, if you want to get rid of it for those same reasons it can be very liberating. You have to decide what part of the hobby you really like, the collecting/hoarding or the actual playing. Personally, I'm with Panda, getting rid of all the crap was very liberating, and I used the cash to buy something I use every day and I have never missed anything that I got rid of. And I can still play any game that I ever had easily one way or another.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
This thread just got good.

You know what being a man is? It's providing for your kid. It's putting your kid before anything, even your own interests. It's making sure they have a dinner even if that means you won't.

I don't know the financial situation with starscream, I don't want to know. His kid is the most important thing in the world to him right now, and making sure it gets enough formula or anything else is the only thing that matters.

starscream hasn't logged in since he made this thread, because he's busy probably. Good for him. Reminds me of that faggot KanYozawhatever. Dude was like 20 when he knocked up some chick, but when his kid came out? He logged off and, in my mind, just worked to get money to provide.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
It's not like you couldn't play the games anymore. You could literally replace a Neo Geo and every cartridge for it with a $73 used refurbished Dell PC.

https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiplex-980-business-desktops-amp-workstations/p/1VK-0001-16KY0?reviews=all&Description=refurbished%20dell%20pc&cm_re=refurbished_dell_pc-_-1VK-0001-16KY0-_-Product

That machine will play every Neo Geo game (and CPS1 and more) at full speed with a GroovyMAME setup on a CRT.

But, like I said, if you're a psychopath and think your monster cables sound better, you'll never be happy if you get rid of it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It's not like you couldn't play the games anymore. You could literally replace a Neo Geo and every cartridge for it with a $73 used refurbished Dell PC.

https://www.newegg.com/dell-optiplex-980-business-desktops-amp-workstations/p/1VK-0001-16KY0?reviews=all&Description=refurbished%20dell%20pc&cm_re=refurbished_dell_pc-_-1VK-0001-16KY0-_-Product

That machine will play every Neo Geo game (and CPS1 and more) at full speed with a GroovyMAME setup on a CRT.

But, like I said, if you're a psychopath and think your monster cables sound better, you'll never be happy if you get rid of it.

Analog monster cables do sound better, they are built better. But obviously you did no research on that and are just spouting out more shit like you usually do.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If this hobby is what defines us, ...

Defines us as what? Neckbeard dollfuckers hitting midlife crisis? Whatever you mean, it can't be more than a cliché and personally, I doubt a hobby can define much more. It's just a convenient excuse to kill time, because it's so precious, we don't know what else to do with it. But yeah, like LoneSage said, if you do know, then it's time to sell.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

You know what being a man is? It's providing for your kid. It's putting your kid before anything, even your own interests. It's making sure they have a dinner even if that means you won't.

I don't know the financial situation with starscream, I don't want to know. His kid is the most important thing in the world to him right now, and making sure it gets enough formula or anything else is the only thing that matters.

starscream hasn't logged in since he made this thread, because he's busy probably. Good for him. Reminds me of that faggot KanYozawhatever. Dude was like 20 when he knocked up some chick, but when his kid came out? He logged off and, in my mind, just worked to get money to provide.

Sup LS. Of course, family and responsibilities always come first. I don't think anyone said for the guy to let his kid go hungry or for him to treasure his games above all else. Not everyone who has this stuff has overextended themselves financially to do so, and I didn't assume that about the OP. I thought the OP's purpose of selling his games was to ultimately get a larger home and then eventually sell that one for an even larger home (which is awesome). If that's the case, selling possessions that he no longer wants/needs makes perfect sense regardless of hobby.

I wish OP the best. In the end, taking care of his family trumps all else.

It's just a convenient excuse to kill time

This 100%. At the end of the day they're just games. Play however you like.

Last edited:

Pinball

Geese's Thug
Well family is of course important and all, but so are games :-) Clearly, on neo-geo.com we have the right priorities..

I'm still in the 'acquisition stage' of collecting but, it has to be said, MVS carts are ugly. A cardboard box and cart with little artwork. Not the lovely AES-type boxes. I think I may well sell my MVS collection (except for the recent NGDev stuff) and use a NeoSD instead. But as for my room full of other stuff? Nah.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

I continually see a lot of posturing on this forum. Sometimes it's a contest of who is the manliest man that ever manned.

But that's all so blue pill. There's no one way to be a man. Sure, if you have kids, you have a responsibility to take care of them, but beyond that, it's no one else's business what you decide to do with your money.

And if you don't have kids and/or aren't married; that's just fine. Some people are fine with being single expats for life. Priorities -- everyone has their own.

Last edited: