Had a baby and want to sell my collection. Tips?

Missile

Another Striker
I never understood the whole 'wife pressure' thing, do you listen to a street bum telling you to wear a tinfoil hat because the government is reading your mind? No, you don't.

I've heard it so many times with all consoles/systems - Saturn schmups, arcade pcbs etc Pretty much always happens when a baby is involved because you need more money. It will never stop though - I've got friends buying Apple 11 phones for their 12 year-olds. That's just ridiculous.

Honestly I would never sell anything my wife told me too. Unless I was being unreasonable and taking over half the house

The best thing to do is to never tell your wife how much your games are worth. That's always a big mistake.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Honestly they probably ask their wife if they can buy something, that is also a big mistake.

Pinball

Geese's Thug
When I have a wife, I might sell my RealDoll, but it will be hard to share the bed with someone else.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I never understood the whole 'wife pressure' thing, do you listen to a street bum telling you to wear a tinfoil hat because the government is reading your mind? No, you don't. You wear one to stop the government from data harvesting your thoughts and reselling then via targeted ads.

Fixed that for you.

Also, keep the games - but downsize if you need space. Don’t downsize “just because”.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
and here come the vultures.

6e7dacd01599d96d9a4896dd2e4842dc.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I say bravo to the wives who make their men sell their shit. Have you seen the amount of crap some people around here hoard? Fucking good on them! Sell it and go on a nice vacation I say.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I say bravo to the wives who make their men sell their shit. Have you seen the amount of crap some people around here hoard? Fucking good on them! Sell it and go on a nice vacation I say.
Another post in the category of applause lines that sound smart but don't hold up to scrutiny.

Vacations are often stressful and there's a good chance you'll get sick by the end. Let people spend their money how they want. You're on a retrogaming forum. There are people here who still own their games from when the Neo Geo was still alive.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Honestly they probably ask their wife if they can buy something, that is also a big mistake.

The big mistake would be lying or hiding purchases from the wife. Marriage is about love, communication, and compromise. Without them the marriage is doomed.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I dont hide any purchases from the wife. She sees all the boxes come in the mail but I also dont ask her for permission to buy something. If it's something really big and bulky like a pinball table, car, etc I'll run that by her but that's about it.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I dont hide any purchases from the wife. She sees all the boxes come in the mail but I also dont ask her for permission to buy something. If it's something really big and bulky like a pinball table, car, etc I'll run that by her but that's about it.

same, only way to go.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The big mistake would be lying or hiding purchases from the wife. Marriage is about love, communication, and compromise. Without them the marriage is doomed.

Couldn't agree more, if you're lying or hiding things and you're married I don't see it lasting.

Word.

and here come the vultures.

Lol Give me a break man.

I am genuinely trying to build a Neo Geo collection, because when I was a kid I grew up poor in a third world country where I wasted lots of allowances in Neo Geo cabs. Now with disposable income I want to buy lots of Neo Geo games that I could barely pass 2 levels cause I didn't have much money.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

I'm reading this and it feels like foreshadowing

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
Lol Give me a break man.

I am genuinely trying to build a Neo Geo collection, because when I was a kid I grew up poor in a third world country where I wasted lots of allowances in Neo Geo cabs. Now with disposable income I want to buy lots of Neo Geo games that I could barely pass 2 levels cause I didn't have much money.

It's not worth it bro, I've been through that.

Materialism won't fill the void in our 3rd world hearts.

Bratwurst

Rugal's Thug
The best thing to do is to never tell your wife how much your games are worth. That's always a big mistake.

One of my favorite quotes ever:

If I could sell one of my mysterious electronic items for $900, it would be difficult to explain to my wife why we aren't mining the garage for several weekend vacations.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Lol Give me a break man.

Problem is, you're trying to squeeze in and scoop. This ain't the market man.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Lol Give me a break man.

try ebay.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He's a Euro. They also say Snezzz.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I agree, Isn't it easier to just sell 1 baby rather than sell 100's of games?
just a thought....