Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79

Thread: Had a baby and want to sell my collection. Tips?

  1. #1

    m(o)(o)bs
    they're awesome.
    starscream615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL

    Posts
    1,643

    Question Had a baby and want to sell my collection. Tips?

    Hi everyone. It's been quite some time since I was active in the MVS buying scene and I have a respectable collection that I am looking to get off my hands along with other items in my gaming collection. The idea is sell enough for a down payment on a bigger house then get out of this one, fix it up a bit, and sell that one. Anyway, I haven't sold anything in quite some time, if ever that I can recall, as I was scared away by the whole Tonk Areo Fighters craziness that went on a while back. I've noticed that the price guides aren't updating and am trying to find out what to place as prices for my games in the for sale section assuming it would be worth it. One of the items I am most concerned about is a pristine Nightmare in the Dark english kit. Can't seem to find enough info about what it's worth now. Anyone have any recommendations on where to brush up so I have a better idea of how to price these games? Thanks in advance. Moobs.

  2. #2
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,712

  3. #3
    Rugal's Thug
    Rig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Illinois

    Posts
    109

  4. #4
    "co-doxxing cyber-bullying criminal fuck up" Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Redmond, WA

    Posts
    19,500
    Quote Originally Posted by starscream615 View Post
    Hi everyone. It's been quite some time since I was active in the MVS buying scene and I have a respectable collection that I am looking to get off my hands along with other items in my gaming collection. The idea is sell enough for a down payment on a bigger house then get out of this one, fix it up a bit, and sell that one. Anyway, I haven't sold anything in quite some time, if ever that I can recall, as I was scared away by the whole Tonk Areo Fighters craziness that went on a while back. I've noticed that the price guides aren't updating and am trying to find out what to place as prices for my games in the for sale section assuming it would be worth it. One of the items I am most concerned about is a pristine Nightmare in the Dark english kit. Can't seem to find enough info about what it's worth now. Anyone have any recommendations on where to brush up so I have a better idea of how to price these games? Thanks in advance. Moobs.
    Did your wife give birth in the ghetto popeyes?

  5. #5

    m(o)(o)bs
    they're awesome.
    starscream615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL

    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    Did your wife give birth in the ghetto popeyes?
    Hilariously they built one just down the street from our house so we don't have to go to the ghetto and run people over any longer.

  6. #6
    KOF Referee

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,623
    Some other price-suggestion lists just to have a comparison Ryan's one, especially if you want sell elsewhere. You'll find them here & here.

  7. #7

    m(o)(o)bs
    they're awesome.
    starscream615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL

    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post

    Do you just ask what something is worth and people chime in?

  8. #8

    m(o)(o)bs
    they're awesome.
    starscream615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL

    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    I saw this one but a lot of my collection are full or partial kits and that seems geared toward carts themselves. I need to look through my email for what I paid for that NitD kit. It's like yummy minty.

  9. #9

    m(o)(o)bs
    they're awesome.
    starscream615's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL

    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Some other price-suggestion lists just to have a comparison Ryan's one, especially if you want sell elsewhere. You'll find them here & here.
    These are EXTREMELY helpful. I greatly appreciate this.

  10. #10
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by starscream615 View Post
    Do you just ask what something is worth and people chime in?
    ding.

  11. #11
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    12,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    ding.

  12. #12

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Karou View Post
    ding.
    dwho.jpg

  13. #13
    Psycho Soldier
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,688
    You live in FL. I'm sure Billy Shitt or Wyo will personally drive to your house and "do you a favor" and take that collection off your hands.
    Last edited by DecepticonZero; 01-29-2020 at 03:54 PM.

  14. #14
    Gandalf Of Gibberish
    Karou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    4,712
    Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post
    I must have got something wrong?

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-higher.html

    is this more helpful? I mean he did say buy a house, right?

  15. #15
    Edo Express Delivery Guy
    Burning Fight!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Korea (Brazil)

    Posts
    341
    sell the baby

    ezpz

  16. #16
    Manly Tears terry.330's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broken System

    Posts
    6,186
    Remember when I called your wifes titties hogs and you quit the forum after making her go to Popeyes?

    You probably smell like BBQ pork rhinds.
    Last edited by terry.330; 01-29-2020 at 07:24 PM.

  17. #17
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    33,202
    Hey starscream, Congrats on the baby, post wifepics, cheers

  18. #18
    NG.COM TEMPTRESS
    Sylvie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rimini

    Posts
    5,584
    are you sure that your baby is more important than your video games and your freedom?

  19. #19
    Moterator. theMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The island of shielas, wogs and poofters.

    Posts
    5,807
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    are you sure that your baby is more important than your video games and your freedom?
    Agree. If the kid is a failure you might rue the day you sold your collection.

  20. #20
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    33,202
    I guarantee you terry330 jacked off to your wife, starscream. Keep her well-guarded from that pervert

  21. #21
    Armored Scrum Object

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    252
    I wouldn't sell anything if you have even the most vague sense that you still want it. Kids grow up. You might regret it later.

  22. #22
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    12,839
    Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    I wouldn't sell anything if you have even the most vague sense that you still want it. Kids grow up. You might regret it later.
    Just play everything in mame. It runs better. According to you, the greatest fucking programmer to ever grace this universe.

  23. #23
    Krauser's Henchman
    xb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia

    Posts
    1,086
    I can understand the need to downsize game collections for more important priorities in life.

    For less hassles and lower stress, obviously sell as a lot. You are gonna have to take a hit on price in some regards but am sure you know this.
    Otherwise if you got the time and patience, sell em in here to us for respectable (not even close to Ebay) prices and peeps will no doubt Hoover them up real quick.

    All the best mate.

  24. #24
    "co-doxxing cyber-bullying criminal fuck up" Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Redmond, WA

    Posts
    19,500
    Quote Originally Posted by starscream615 View Post
    Hilariously they built one just down the street from our house so we don't have to go to the ghetto and run people over any longer.
    oh thank god

    shorter distance means more calories faster

  25. #25
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    33,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    oh thank god

    shorter distance means more calories faster
    starscreamsgottasellhishit.jpg

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •