Fixing up my AES stick with Sanwa buttons

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I hasn’t originally planned on doing a video about the process, but I figured why not. Maybe it’ll help someone somewhere down the line.

I tried everything I could but my A button micro switch was just not in the mood to reliable work any longer. Half the inputs just didn’t register. I left the stick itself stock as that was still working perfectly.

Overall I’m happy with it, especially since the A button was so crappy lately. Almost went with the Neo Geo cab color setup but in the end I liked the violet buttons a bit more

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I did something similar recently. Black Sanwa 25mm buttons and a black 30mm balltop. Makes a huge difference. Not a fan of 35mm balls on AES sticks. Adding JNX's GOTW might be nice too. I like mine. I had tried Seimitsu buttons previously, but they didn't feel right at all.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I did something similar recently. Black Sanwa 25mm buttons and a black 30mm balltop. Makes a huge difference. Not a fan of 35mm balls on AES sticks. Adding JNX's GOTW might be nice too. I like mine. I had tried Seimitsu buttons previously, but they didn't feel right at all.

At some point I may change the gate