Columbus Circle re-releasing Breakers Revenge & Ganryu on AES

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Haven't seen this commented here yet, but a few hours ago Japanese company Columbus Circle, which have re-relased a few Super Famicom carts, have announced they'll be releasing Breakers Revenge and Ganryu in March:

Here's a link with pictures: https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/202001240027/

And their Twitter announcement: https://twitter.com/ColumbusCircleC/status/1220527654320783360

Wonder what the price and quality of these will be... not a big fan of re-releases since we already have flashcarts for almost every system, but I guess they have their public.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Better from a collector pow than the Arcade, etc... conversions?

That said, they look a bit off artwise.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Why even bother when NeoSD is around? Someone compress all this energy into an FPGA Neo Geo board.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Why even bother when NeoSD is around? Someone compress all this energy into an FPGA Neo Geo board.

Agreed. That said, there is already some promising work on the Neo-Geo core for the MiSTER FPGA project. Kristoff from here (hasn't posted in years) is really into the MiSTER project and has been pretty impressed with the progress so far.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah I've seen that, looks really damn good and honestly probably the best we're going to get.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I suppose it's worth pointing out that neither of these games had AES releases, so technically they aren't re-releases.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Wow amazing. Someone should reprint the Metal Slug games. I'm sure there are plenty of AES collectors who can't get the first one.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
IMHO, more carts is a good thing. Collectors can stay with the orignals. People who just want the game can get these. Everyone wins!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
IMHO, more carts is a good thing. Collectors can stay with the orignals. People who just want the game can get these. Everyone wins!

If people just wanted to play games they'd buy a flash cart, which at $500ish is probably cheaper then this abortion.

Edit: 65000 yen. LOL

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
If they just wanted to play games, they would use emulators.

I'm ok with the argument of wanting to play on real hardware. But why you need a fake cart shell, case and "3rd grade tier artwork" insert to enjoy a game is just beyond me.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
If they just wanted to play games, they would use emulators.

With functionally identical emulation and comfort features, even. Just play the game, bro...

I'm ok with the argument of wanting to play on real hardware. But why you need a fake cart shell, case and "3rd grade tier artwork" insert to enjoy a game is just beyond me.

I get the cart is kinda tacky but it's a rerelease made with license from the developers, calling it fake is a bit of a stretch...

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
With functionally identical emulation and comfort features, even. Just play the game, bro...

I get the cart is kinda tacky but it's a rerelease made with license from the developers, calling it fake is a bit of a stretch...

The game was never released on the console. It's fake. Get over it.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The game was never released on the console. It's fake. Get over it.

What do you mean "get over it"? You seem awfully invested in this for some reason... :keke:

edit: well you do have a point if you're considering SNK licensing and such but still.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Not invested at all actually. Just voicing my opinion and you for some reason felt the need to counterpoint it. At the end of the day, that doesn't stop it from being fake huh?

I edited out the licensing blurb because the NGdev games are not licensed, but at least they didn't just make a conversion and sell it for $600. Before you ask, it think they're meh at best.

rodolfocm

Another Striker

Just like emulators users think it's stupid to spend 800$ in a flash cart if you can use emulators. Get my points? It's just different places in the gaming spectrum. You respect all of them.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think things like this just take advantage of the "collector" aspect of gaming. Who knows if these boards will be built to spec or just be some terrible 161in1 like board that will fry out the cart. Honestly I think anyone buying these carts will not even be playing them anyway. But whatever, I have a flash cart and play my games, so be it for someone to blow their cash on these horrid cash ins.