Wiring in a CMVS MV-1FZ

littlecharlie

Quiz Detective
My idea is to make all the connections (except power supply) from the back of the board (using this thread http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...tom-of-the-board/page3&highlight=wiring+mv1fz) but haven't found a spot on the board to pass the wires from back to top (through the board). Similar to what was explained here for the MV-1F http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/cmvs1fs.html "Passing the wires".

Can you guys help me?

My idea is to keep the board as it is, I mean, don't add any additional cover that could hide all the wires.

Thank you

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
There doesn't seem to be any empty sections of the PCB with no traces. Your best option is to go with thin cables (like IDE40 hard drive cables) and run the wires in between the white interconnectors, the ones that join the top board to the bottom board.

littlecharlie

Quiz Detective
>Yes but still those wires will be exposed on the back.
Anyway, I agree it may be the best solution if I don't use any additional cover

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
>Yes but still those wires will be exposed on the back.
Anyway, I agree it may be the best solution if I don't use any additional cover

Only right at the very bottom edge of the black plastic cover. It's not as noticeable as wires going around the sides.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I used to have a CMVS with this board and the builder used a small black project box mounted to the back. The AV/Power jacks were all mounted to the box, and it was so clean I actually didn't know it wasn't a part of the original board until the PCB died and I took the CMVS apart.

littlecharlie

Quiz Detective

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Honestly, if running wires between the white interconnectors, or removing the center one since it's just for support, or other options aren't going to work, I suggest finding another MVS board to consolize. You'd probably find a MV-1B easier to work with.