Atomiswave keeps adding credits

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I plugged in my Atomiswave to play some MS6 and it automatically adds credits continuously. I also tried to go into the service menu and the cursor continuously scrolls. Something is going crazy on the board. I tried the PCB in both my Astro and Blast cabinets. Any ideas?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Hi,
A ground connection is touching the credits connection OR a resistor has fsiled connected to the credits connection and needs to be replaced..
BB

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I guess I’ll have to pull the case off the PCB and retrace the credit circuit.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Most likely the diode array has shorted, you can just remove it pretty much

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I got this figured out and wanted preserve my fix/mistake for future searches... So I got another MOBO for cheap and upon putting it into my Blast City, it started adding credits like my other MOBO. I could not imagine the chances of having two MOBOs with the exact same problem. So I decided to put into my NEO 29 and no credits where added unless I did so. Turns out I run my Blast at around 5.15 volts with no MOBO attached. I guess the Atomiswave is hungry and causes my power supply to drop below 5v, making the MOBO to "flip" out. The NEO 29 is set to a higher voltage to compensate for the 4-slot, hence no issues. I installed my first MOBO into the NEO 29 and no problems anymore.