Going to Japan in April. Where to buy NeoGeo/retro stuff?

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I can imagine coming back from Japan with suitcases full of SS2 and AoF2 carts because that is all I could find and afford...

Jokes aside, please do update this thread with your gaming successes after the trip. It is a great place - I was there about 2005 and wish I had more time (and money). Snowboarding there is awesome btw.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
I can imagine coming back from Japan with suitcases full of SS2 and AoF2 carts because that is all I could find and afford...

Jokes aside, please do update this thread with your gaming successes after the trip. It is a great place - I was there about 2005 and wish I had more time (and money). Snowboarding there is awesome btw.

Will do, although I'm not expecting to find any good deals at all (might get Samurai 2 though).

Pinball

Geese's Thug
As has been said, Yahoo Auctions is the way to go. I've used it for pachinko and rare Japanese electronics stuff. It's a pain as you need to use 3rd party shippers, but if it wasn't difficult prices would have increased like ebay, I guess.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Prices have increased on YAJ in recent years, the Japanese ain't dumb.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yea, Yaj is fucked too. The prices you would see on there years ago was worth it but now its just foreigners bidding against one another.

Once and awhile a nice buy it now price falls in between the cracks.