Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: How much should I pay for SamSho 4 for AES?

  1. #1
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313

    How much should I pay for SamSho 4 for AES?

    Hey everyone. Not sure this is the right place to ask this and if it's not, please let me know.

    Anyway, I want to get a complete copy of Samurai Shodown IV for my AES and I wonder how much I should expect to pay for it. I want the Japanese version. Also I want to mention that I'm going to Japan in April and wondering if prices there are better than eBay. I went to Tokyo in 2015 and prices were pretty much the same, jusy wondering if anything changed.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,612
    Hey, you're the guy who made ### Post your PIC - Official Thread ### in Unrelated. It's still posted in, 14+ years later.

    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...fficial-Thread
    Last edited by LoneSage; 12-30-2019 at 08:51 AM.

  3. #3
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Hey, you're the guy who made ### Post your PIC - Official Thread ### in Unrelated. It's still posted in, 14+ years later.

    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...fficial-Thread
    Hahahaha, I did! I forgot I started it though, lol!

  4. #4
    Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'
    GutsDozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Metairie, LA

    Posts
    4,041
    Here is the price guide suggestion.

    Screenshot_20191230-083556_Chrome.jpg

  5. #5
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    Here is the price guide suggestion.

    Screenshot_20191230-083556_Chrome.jpg
    I wonder how updated that is. Prices seem low based on current market prices.

  6. #6
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    120
    I have found the NeoGeoKult price guides to be fairly accurate. It looks like it has been around a year since last update, though.
    https://www.neogeokult.com/aes-price-guide/

  7. #7
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by gameofyou View Post
    I have found the NeoGeoKult price guides to be fairly accurate. It looks like it has been around a year since last update, though.
    https://www.neogeokult.com/aes-price-guide/
    That makes more sense. Thank you very much! I wasn't aware of this website.

  8. #8
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    53,400
    I feel like it’s going 200-250 on here.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  9. #9
    Astra Superstar
    snes_collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Virginia

    Posts
    805
    Suruga-ya currently has it for sale for $317, so you'd probably but looking around that or a little less in actual shops.

  10. #10
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Suruga-ya currently has it for sale for $317, so you'd probably but looking around that or a little less in actual shops.
    I wonder what's the condition of these games. I've never heard about this store before and they don't have a description of the game's condition...

  11. #11
    Astra Superstar
    snes_collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Virginia

    Posts
    805
    Usually in good shape, I've bought from them multiple times and never received anything in less than "good" condition.

  12. #12
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by snes_collector View Post
    Suruga-ya currently has it for sale for $317, so you'd probably but looking around that or a little less in actual shops.
    That is a great price, if the game is complete and in good condition.

  13. #13
    Famous & Dangerous.
    PolluxTroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cyrodiil

    Posts
    905
    Found the Japanese cart a few years ago for just over $200.

  14. #14
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,612
    where the fuck you been, troy

  15. #15
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by PolluxTroy View Post
    Found the Japanese cart a few years ago for just over $200.
    Well, I ended up getting it for around $450 CAD off of eBay and I can't seem to find a better price. Looks like it's in excellent condition but I guess I will have to wait to see.

    I also wonder if there's a way to tell if the cover and manual are original or reprinted. Any thoughts?

  16. #16
    A Broken Man LoneSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Beijing

    Posts
    32,612
    rodolf, you been gone a long time, why the comeback

  17. #17
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    rodolf, you been gone a long time, why the comeback
    I was able to bring my NeoGeo and some games from Brazil to Canada and now I'm back in the scene. :-)

  18. #18
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore

    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by rodolfocm View Post
    Well, I ended up getting it for around $450 CAD off of eBay and I can't seem to find a better price. Looks like it's in excellent condition but I guess I will have to wait to see.

    I also wonder if there's a way to tell if the cover and manual are original or reprinted. Any thoughts?
    Would you mind sharing the seller once you get it? I've been looking for some reputable ones on ebay. My local shop wants ~900 US for it so I waded into ebay.

  19. #19
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyWarbler View Post
    Would you mind sharing the seller once you get it? I've been looking for some reputable ones on ebay. My local shop wants ~900 US for it so I waded into ebay.
    Sure! I will let you know once the game arrives.

  20. #20
    Ikari Warrior

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cologne

    Posts
    6,526
    Quote Originally Posted by rodolfocm View Post
    I also wonder if there's a way to tell if the cover and manual are original or reprinted. Any thoughts?
    The best way would be to:

    - make photos of a reasonable resolution and post them in this sub-forum

    - contact a reputable member here (for examle 8man), who owns an original copy and is willing to exchange photos

    You could also:

    - compare the insert's/manual's print- and paper-quality to other SNK releases from around the same time, if possible

    - compare the insert and manual to photos of an original copy from a respectable online-source, like the NeoStore and look for edge-cropping, staple position etc.

  21. #21
    Another Striker
    rodolfocm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto

    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    The best way would be to:

    - make photos of a reasonable resolution and post them in this sub-forum

    - contact a reputable member here (for examle 8man), who owns an original copy and is willing to exchange photos

    You could also:

    - compare the insert's/manual's print- and paper-quality to other SNK releases from around the same time, if possible

    - compare the insert and manual to photos of an original copy from a respectable online-source, like the NeoStore and look for edge-cropping, staple position etc.
    Thanks for the information!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •