How much should I pay for SamSho 4 for AES?

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Hey everyone. Not sure this is the right place to ask this and if it's not, please let me know.

Anyway, I want to get a complete copy of Samurai Shodown IV for my AES and I wonder how much I should expect to pay for it. I want the Japanese version. Also I want to mention that I'm going to Japan in April and wondering if prices there are better than eBay. I went to Tokyo in 2015 and prices were pretty much the same, jusy wondering if anything changed.

Thanks!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Here is the price guide suggestion.

Screenshot_20191230-083556_Chrome.jpg

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Suruga-ya currently has it for sale for $317, so you'd probably but looking around that or a little less in actual shops.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Suruga-ya currently has it for sale for $317, so you'd probably but looking around that or a little less in actual shops.

I wonder what's the condition of these games. I've never heard about this store before and they don't have a description of the game's condition...

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Usually in good shape, I've bought from them multiple times and never received anything in less than "good" condition.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Found the Japanese cart a few years ago for just over $200.

Well, I ended up getting it for around $450 CAD off of eBay and I can't seem to find a better price. Looks like it's in excellent condition but I guess I will have to wait to see.

I also wonder if there's a way to tell if the cover and manual are original or reprinted. Any thoughts?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
rodolf, you been gone a long time, why the comeback

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Well, I ended up getting it for around $450 CAD off of eBay and I can't seem to find a better price. Looks like it's in excellent condition but I guess I will have to wait to see.

I also wonder if there's a way to tell if the cover and manual are original or reprinted. Any thoughts?

Would you mind sharing the seller once you get it? I've been looking for some reputable ones on ebay. My local shop wants ~900 US for it so I waded into ebay.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

The best way would be to:

- make photos of a reasonable resolution and post them in this sub-forum

- contact a reputable member here (for examle 8man), who owns an original copy and is willing to exchange photos

You could also:

- compare the insert's/manual's print- and paper-quality to other SNK releases from around the same time, if possible

- compare the insert and manual to photos of an original copy from a respectable online-source, like the NeoStore and look for edge-cropping, staple position etc.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
The best way would be to:

- make photos of a reasonable resolution and post them in this sub-forum

- contact a reputable member here (for examle 8man), who owns an original copy and is willing to exchange photos

You could also:

- compare the insert's/manual's print- and paper-quality to other SNK releases from around the same time, if possible

- compare the insert and manual to photos of an original copy from a respectable online-source, like the NeoStore and look for edge-cropping, staple position etc.
Thanks for the information!