Neo Print 98 cart?

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Hi all, so I was planning on redo'ing a crappy label on one of my games, but upon peeling off the plain paper label that someone taped on, I realized that there was still an official seal and label underneath. I peeled it off as carefully as I could, and I could not seem to find a matching label for this on mvs-scans:

https://imgur.com/a/q9mZmiu

I don't have the original board unfortunately, but I don't really know what to do with this as I feel like it'd be lame to place the label for my game on a really nice condition official label.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The label for a print cartridge is not held in any high regard so you shouldn't feel guilty AT ALL....
BB

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Haha, okay :). I didn't know enough about it, and wasn't sure what to think since it wasn't on MVS-SCANs. Should I try to get a good pic of the label to add to the wiki?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
MVS-SCAN's is for games ,not print cartridges.
If you want to get a good pic and added to the wiki,knock yourself out as it's just the label of a printer cartridge used in a Neo print machine that prints stickers.
I'm certain any owners of the print machine(not many) have a nice original collection.
BB

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm not sure if you've heard but keeping an old item in it's original condition is much more valuable a decision than restoring it. Then again this is a neo print cart so who fucking cares anyway, print any old label and write some shit on it.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm not sure if you've heard but keeping an old item in it's original condition is much more valuable a decision than restoring it.

This is something I really don't understand.
Old stuff breaks down, often it's the electrolytic capacitors, other times are old carbon resistors or other components which degrade over time.
Hell, even EPROMs fail at some time.

Why in the world would anyone rate an old and not well maintained board which is highly likely to break down sooner or later over a good restored one?
Is it purely for its collectible value (ie: I'm just showing it on my shelf and don't care about playing it) over correct functionality and reliability over time?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I think it only really relates to antiques and when it comes to electronic goods the internals should be serviced but enclosures etc should be left as found.

Plenty of people strip their cabs down, sand and repaint them and they look great and new but they have lost that one thing that made it unique, it's wear and tear, it's life. Tell me, what's more intriguing? An antique sign that's been restored or one that shows the last 50+ years of it's history?

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Tell me, what's more intriguing? An antique sign that's been restored or one that shows the last 50+ years of it's history?

A board/cab which is not a damn ticking bomb (ie: CPS2 B Boards).

For me at least.

Obviously I'm not talking about how it looks, I agree with you on that one, but more to the technical/functional side of things.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Why in the world would anyone rate an old and not well maintained board which is highly likely to break down sooner or later over a good restored one?
Is it purely for its collectible value (ie: I'm just showing it on my shelf and don't care about playing it) over correct functionality and reliability over time?

Because some people are fucking retarded. I heard recently someone was trying to lowball someone on a CPS2 board I think claiming it was less desirable since it no longer had the original battery. Guess the fucktard would rather have an all original PCB that suicided long ago.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A board/cab which is not a damn ticking bomb (ie: CPS2 B Boards).

For me at least.

Obviously I'm not talking about how it looks, I agree with you on that one, but more to the technical/functional side of things.

I definitely agree with restoring it's functionality, that is paramount especially with battery backed hardware! Anyone who doesn't remove the original batteries on Neo boards and the like is a fuckin idiot