NG DEV announces new shmup between April & June

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Anytime! Your edited question was just as stupid as the original one though.

I can only guess that's why they fit your answer so well ;).

Edit: Seriously though, some major horizontally scrolling arcade titles were tate, like Contra, Makaimura or Moon Patrol. But should you only accept STGs, then does Scramble count as a, eh... HORIVERTAL???

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I googled and got some sexual stuff so I had to ask. Here nobody would use this word. Shooter/shmup is clear enough and people would use Tate for specifically vertical games.

Don't get smart with me mofo... I'm likely to take it the wrong way...

If ANY of oldtymers had asked this... I'd happily contacted them privately and told them they were dumb as shit...

YOU don't get that privilege...

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I can only guess that's why they fit your answer so well ;).

Edit: Seriously though, some major horizontally scrolling arcade titles were tate, like Contra, Makaimura or Moon Patrol. But should you only accept STGs, then does Scramble count as a, eh... HORIVERTAL???

The word SCHMALUP itself is already questionable, and I'm not sure why people feel the burning need to use a made up shit term for screen scrolling + orientation. Neo-Geo Shooter is fine, since we already know Neo has a vertical monitor setup, and do we really need to communicate what way the screen scrolls? If a person wants to know they'll look at game footage/shots, and if they're not available just say "vertically/horizontally scrolling shooter" like a normal person.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
In fairness to NG Dev. I see they get some hate on here. Thats fine. But I think they are awesome and wish there was more of them. They make Neo games, perhaps not as perfect as the original releases but probably the best we could hope for 16 years after the last official release

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
In fairness to NG Dev. I see they get some hate on here. Thats fine. But I think they are awesome and wish there was more of them. They make Neo games, perhaps not as perfect as the original releases but probably the best we could hope for 16 years after the last official release

We're all fine with them, doesn't mean there isn't room for some vertizontal critique-em-up for some of their dumb stuff.

shadowsfollow

New Challenger
Gunlord was amazing. Krautbuster looks like fun. Neo XYX is actually really cool.

Fast striker is meh, looks better than it plays. Have yet to play Razion, hoping to get to play it someday, I’ve heard good things.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I should lock this fuckin' thread for the upcoming shitfest.... and delete all mention of it in future...

4 years of people complaining after the money is taken.... and then when it gets to that "stage".... They ask me to contact people...

I have NOTHING against NG.dev and I understand why they don't use forums anymore... BUT Timmy should at least have a contact on NG.com as the fookin' guy is selling his wares to the oldest gaming site on the nets dedicated to NG...

I aint sayin' he should bow down before us... but some common courtesy would be fuckin' appreciated...

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I like how the announcement has a two month window.

Let me be honest here... I'm old... weary and slightly jaded....

If you guys wanna "invest" in pre-ordering this... then fine... BUT my main concern is the site... and a game that may take another 4 years from pre-order to release will get me irritated...

It's not like the Neosd Guys who say it's going to be released and is released in a good time frame....

I don't wanna rain on anyones parade but if you don't have the common courtesy to come onto a site that has helped your development and finances... then I am inclined to get brutal here....

PPPFFTTT... fuck turning over a new leaf for New Years... I'll still kill what I don't think makes fuckin' sense on the forum..

xROTx

PS. Some fucker tell Timmy... I am open to talk but he is taking the proverbial piss....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

If you guys wanna "invest" in pre-ordering this... then fine... BUT my main concern is the site... and a game that may take another 4 years from pre-order to release will get me irritated...

It's not like the Neosd Guys who say it's going to be released and is released in a good time frame....

I don't wanna rain on anyones parade but if you don't have the common courtesy to come onto a site that has helped your development and finances... then I am inclined to get brutal here....

PPPFFTTT... fuck turning over a new leaf for New Years... I'll still kill what I don't think makes fuckin' sense on the forum..

xROTx

PS. Some fucker tell Timmy... I am open to talk but he is taking the proverbial piss....

Word

If fools want to pre-order from the jump, I don't want the nonsense to start all over again like it did with KB.

What's this guys problem anyways with this forum? Mad people here purchased his games. He should come on here and spread the word.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Word

If fools want to pre-order from the jump, I don't want the nonsense to start all over again like it did with KB.

What's this guys problem anyways with this forum? Mad people here purchased his games. He should come on here and spread the word.

The problem is here we'll rip you to threads if we don't like something and rightly so. Maybe he wants a forum that will only say nice things? Lol

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
I like how the announcement has a two month window.

I was so caught up by the verizontal thing that I didn't even notice it haha. I'm not the target audience anyway but it's still quite funny.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The problem is here we'll rip you to threads if we don't like something and rightly so. Maybe he wants a forum that will only say nice things? Lol

Facebook

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I was so caught up by the verizontal thing that I didn't even notice it haha. I'm not the target audience anyway but it's still quite funny.

Just remember: it's an NG:DEV release. So, we'd have to talk about the vertizontal thing for another couple of years... in hopes no one will notice the wait.

xROTx

I agree with you Rot, waiting four years for a game to release in a long time man, that's just unprofessional, the top couple of months from pre-ordering to release man.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
I agree with you Rot, waiting four years for a game to release in a long time man, that's just unprofessional, the top couple of months from pre-ordering to release man.

Something is seriously wrong with their business model and development/manufacturing pipeline but if the customers don't care, why would they.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
I think they do an excellent job. Pink Bullets, Razion and Fast Striker seem very good games to me. And I keep that. I have never bought them anything, but I think they do an excellent job even though their products take a long time to be sent to the buyer.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

pushing 5 years now and the AES Copies have still not been released. 5 years was traditionally the length of time for an entire video game generation

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
To be more patient you have, my young padawan. You to the gates of kraut buster the power of persistence will let, my friend. Yrsssss.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I also think that on this game they kinda over estimated their possibilities. Maybe they thought in the beginning that they would be able to finish the Kraut in a timely manner but soon shit got out of control. I think they will never ever try again to do anything but shmups.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
If the shmups they do (in less time than Kraut) are already good games, everything makes me think with Kraut B we will be close to seeing a great production, a very elaborate game and full of good details. Therefore, I am glad that there are these small development teams such as NG DEV. I don't think they do anything wrong, quite the opposite. I admire their work and their contribution to the world of NEO-GEO.
I think it has a lot of merit what they do.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't think anyone's doubting their ability to put a polished game together but 4 years after preorder to get product and in the AES case still going on 5 years now? Anyone who thinks that is acceptable is a diehard weirdo and no it's not about patience! No no it's about literally allowing ngdev to deepthroat you nonstop for years on end and wanting more like the deranged deviant you are. Pre order, go on, you know you want it!

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Why does it take so long for them to package it anyway? The game is made and other people with less resources can get carts put together??