Samurai Shodown 2 Ukyo technique

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Sometimes I can do Ukyo's crouching A+B attack while actually rolling AWAY from my enemy. Does anyone know a consistent way to pull this off?

It seems like it can happen if you do a roll away and press A+B on the precise frame, but I don't know.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sometimes I can do Ukyo's crouching A+B attack while actually rolling AWAY from my enemy. Does anyone know a consistent way to pull this off?

It seems like it can happen if you do a roll away and press A+B on the precise frame, but I don't know.

Not really sure but SS2 has a lot of buggy moves.

However, I would try holding AB, double tapping down back for the roll, and releasing mid roll.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Not really sure but SS2 has a lot of buggy moves.

However, I would try holding AB, double tapping down back for the roll, and releasing mid roll.

I think I figured it out. You basically have to hit A+B on the exact frame that the roll starts. The timing has to be perfect. If I script the inputs in MAME I can do it consistently. It's pretty broken because you can basically just low A+B and slide away out of range to safety every time. As if Ukyo wasn't already overpowered.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
My favorite technique to do is is this one. That or the backdash fireball.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
SamSho II is the jam. Ukyo got dem special TB powers son.