Odd video issue with MVS system

SquatchXXL

n00b
I have one of the pre-built MVS systems, and recently it seems to have died. This is what my tv is displaying, and it doesn't matter if there is a cart plugged in or not.

Has one of my chips failed? Is there any suggestions to start some reading on fixing the issue? I also have no problem getting another MVS board and consoleizing it.

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
I talked to Jamma Nation X about this some time ago. His best guess was "Bios. If bios is fine then it could be the transistor/hc32 for bram/wram" If you have a unibios I would try swapping that in and see if it makes a difference. Other wise corrosion/bad traces are the next likely culprit.

SquatchXXL

n00b
I talked to Jamma Nation X about this some time ago. His best guess was "Bios. If bios is fine then it could be the transistor/hc32 for bram/wram" If you have a unibios I would try swapping that in and see if it makes a difference. Other wise corrosion/bad traces are the next likely culprit.

Its a MV1C from what I know of it, and it has a soldered bios chip w/an older version of UNIBios. I think that at this point, I may just get myself a new MVS board that allows me to swap out bios chips. Thanks for the info, as it pretty much confirms my guesses....basically something is wrong, and I would rather toss this into the scrap bin for future electronic projects. I may get one of the NEOBiosMasta boards and see if I can use that, but I think it would be a waste of time. I got this unit to trial run what I liked and what I didn't, and frankly I hate top loading, and would rather have a front loader.