Samurai Shodown Shockbox Gold Edition (Switch)

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
I receive mine this monday.

o2QLxCm.jpg

Japan version

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This games gonna run like trash on the Switch.

Yeah, I kinda think that's what's going to happen. All these people waiting for the Switch port and it's gonna be gross. Either the framerate will be horrible or they'll be like a PC game with all the quality settings turned to low or off and it looks like some odd cell shaded nonsense.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Arguably that's one of the best looking boxed versions of this title, too bad it's not for the PS4 version though. As awesome as it sounds to play the game on a Switch, with the dpad and stick of the console it's just not made for fighting games imo.

Fett

Camel Slug
Woow, the difference between docked / Handheld..

To be fair, handheld is 720p, and when you blow it up to be the same size as a 1080p docked screencap it gets blown out and distorted. If you're actually looking at it on a handheld switch with 6 inch screen it looks fine.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
We tried it docked on my friend's Switch:

Image quality looked the same but felt lower res than the PS4 Pro. The colors felt darker too.

Playing on Nakoruru's stage, there were frequent frame drops. Didn't try different stages.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Lol @ switch children defending their $300 gaming cell phone.

Takuma79

n00b
haohmaru-stance-small.gif I just want to point out that the last time SamSho was on a portable and wasn't a direct port of a Neo Geo game, the characters were 8-bit and the frame rate was like 20 fps at best. so having a chopped down version of the pc/ps4 game that moves pretty fluid isn't a bad thing.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
View attachment 55394 I just want to point out that the last time SamSho was on a portable and wasn't a direct port of a Neo Geo game, the characters were 8-bit and the frame rate was like 20 fps at best. so having a chopped down version of the pc/ps4 game that moves pretty fluid isn't a bad thing.

I just want to point out that the last good Samurai Shodown was part 4.

*Edit* I'll take a NGPC over a Switch any day of the week.

NGPC back on the scene! Would be great if they follow up by releasing the whole library, especially Card Fighters' Clash. And imo one of the most underrated titles ever, Biomotor Unitron.

Hope they feature a stretch option like Capcom does on all their modern day collections. At minimum, keep it an option for those playing in the Switch's docked mode on TVs.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
A hundred fucking dollars for this LE?

Get. The. Fuck. Out.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This LE costs more than I paid for the real Neo Samurai Showdown games lol

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The plastic case made out of recycled lead containing chinese children's toys will do quite nicely on my cheapass ikea shelving unit.

xamot13

The Ultimate 11
I just preordered mine from pix n love for 79,17€
Damn flippers on ebay already asking as high as $189

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Arguably that's one of the best looking boxed versions of this title, too bad it's not for the PS4 version though. As awesome as it sounds to play the game on a Switch, with the dpad and stick of the console it's just not made for fighting games imo.

Theres a few options. Hori makes a left joycon with a good D-pad on it. Its good and makes playing any fighting or arcade game palatable when the console is in portable mode.

The pokken controller goes for cheap and it works on most games. The d-pad is superb and its primary drawback is only 4 face buttons(which is why its ok for SNK).

If you already play fighting games a brooks adapter or board for your fight stick lets you play using an existing stick.