AES having trouble reading games.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Hey everyone.

I have a low serial number AES (in the 20.000s) and he's been having issues reading games. I cleaned the cart slot with alcohol, cloth and credit card but it didn't help much (although it helped a little bit). I'm wondering if getting a new cart slot would fix this (and if this is a thing). If so, where you guys buy new cart slots? Is it easy to swap?

Or maybe there's another issue with AESs that it's no the cart slot and I'm not aware of it?
Any information/tutorial/guide is appreciated. Thank you!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wouldn't say it's super common but it's been known to happen. Jeff replaced a loose slot in one of mine way back in the day.

Replacement should be done by someone who has the proper equipment. A good desoldering gun will make quick work of it, using cheap solder suckers are braid will probably end in pain and sorrow.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
I wouldn't say it's super common but it's been known to happen. Jeff replaced a loose slot in one of mine way back in the day.

Replacement should be done by someone who has the proper equipment. A good desoldering gun will make quick work of it, using cheap solder suckers are braid will probably end in pain and sorrow.

Ugh....I don't have soldering skills. Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area that could help? :(

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I do do it..It's definitely quite the chore.Too bad you don't live in the states.
BB