4-slot, messed up video (sync issue?)

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Hi all, picked up another four slot for repairs, and this is the first board that I encountered where the video is completely distorted. The board appears to function for all four slots, but the video appears to have a sync issue. Colors work correctly from what I can make out, but the video is unable to be resolved.

Screenshot_20191202-194031.jpg

I tried with a variety of top boards, and can't read out the output from NeoDiag. What chipsets would be responsible for sync?

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Just a MV4 board, no obvious signs of damaged traces or corrosion other than rust on the voltage regulator screw heads. No rust on the IC pins from what I saw at a glance. Already sprayed it down with contact cleaner and dusted it:

Screenshot_20191202-203041.jpg

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
First off, take that battery out and either leave it empty or do the button cell battery mod.

Back to the main issue. Does the monitor shut off after a minute, or does it continue to scroll? If it shuts off after a minute, check to see if the monitor control board is connected.

Also, is there another Neo cab you can test the board in? That might help eliminate the board being bad.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
I'll get videos later today, but the board seems functional aside from the warped video. I can make out the title screen for my SamSho cart and see/hear gameplay. I already know that my monitor is fine, works with my other 3 or 4 boards, so the video problem is exclusive to this board.