Proper removal of memory card board on MVS?

Hey y'all. First post! Apologies in advance is posting to wrong sub. I did review threads and was not able to find the info I'm after. I am a hobbyist chasing nostalgia and finally in on my first MVS-4 restore. During the breakdown, I came across this crusty board under the joy console. I think it's the memory card reader, but there are two small holes that look like maybe 8mm audio? At any rate, they're glued to the cab with layers of paint, and I'm not sure how else they may be secured so I dont want to just rip it out.

Possible anyone can give me some pointers on how to release these two small connections? Again, much appreciated and looking forward to pelting the more experienced with questions as I move forward. Some amazing projects on here and awesome work!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rpmPA9zDfwddhWg18

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
The only thing that should be securing that whole board are the 4 screws that screw into the metal bracket below it. The headphone jacks and memory card slot aren't attached to the front face of the control panel. So its probably just the layers of paint.

Got it. Those screws were found and removed so I'll roll with paint gluing it on. I'll apply some lightweight stripper and see if it loosens up. If the board is viable and I can use it I'd rather not Jack it up. Tyvm for checking in on it!

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Fair play to you that your not ripping it off, that you want to preserve it in its original glory