NeoGeo CD SD Loader

mdd45

n00b
on 0.6 Beta there was a speed update according to Furrtek's twitter and the 0.6 Beta fw notes, i don't if this changed back on 0.6 fw....

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
on 0.6 Beta there was a speed update according to Furrtek's twitter and the 0.6 Beta fw notes, i don't if this changed back on 0.6 fw....

Nothing in the update notes, Sure Furrtek will be able to confirm :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I thought about using an extension too, but when I put it together I saw that the way you access the card through the vent is super clever, I like it.

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
The only annoying thing about the card slot behind the vents, is that you can drop it inside the console if you're not careful and miss the spot.
The status LED is placed in a way that should illuminate the right spot but it isn't the brightest thing in broad daylight.

A way to prevent that would be to stick some mesh tape behind the vents, with a small opening for the card.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
The only annoying thing about the card slot behind the vents, is that you can drop it inside the console if you're not careful and miss the spot.
The status LED is placed in a way that should illuminate the right spot but it isn't the brightest thing in broad daylight.

A way to prevent that would be to stick some mesh tape behind the vents, with a small opening for the card.

I have put a folded over piece of dyno tape on the top, It just lets me pull the card out easily and gives me something to hold onto when lining it up!

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Fitted mine yesterday,rev E and i kept the cd drive,all working fine.
Nice job from furrtek.

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Quick question before setting mine up, what file formats are accepted? The website says it must include a cue file, but what about the image itself? I have games in various different formats - ISO, BIN, IMG.

I know I could just try it, but it's not exactly quick copying 50+GB to an SD card so would rather know before copying games across.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Quick question before setting mine up, what file formats are accepted? The website says it must include a cue file, but what about the image itself? I have games in various different formats - ISO, BIN, IMG.

I know I could just try it, but it's not exactly quick copying 50+GB to an SD card so would rather know before copying games across.

Think all of mine are Bin & Cue formats.
But you can also use ISO & Cue.

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
Hope I didn't miss my slot. The e-mail saying it was my turn went to my spam folder over a week ago and I just responded the other day.

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
I have sent my console and board off to a modding/repair company to fit it for me, and they are reporting that no matter what SD card or firmware file they try, it just shows three red LED blinks:

http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/support/ledcodes_en.htm

Apparently he's tried multiple SD cards, but I know the one I sent him was formatted FAT32. I also downloaded the latest 0.06 firmware and renamed it as per the instructions:

http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/support/#firmware

He's stumped, any advice?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I have sent my console and board off to a modding/repair company to fit it for me, and they are reporting that no matter what SD card or firmware file they try, it just shows three red LED blinks:

http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/support/ledcodes_en.htm

Apparently he's tried multiple SD cards, but I know the one I sent him was formatted FAT32. I also downloaded the latest 0.06 firmware and renamed it as per the instructions:

http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/support/#firmware

He's stumped, any advice?

Ideally use a old low capacity SD card.
Also check he is not running it through a Extension adapter such as the micro SD to SD adapter as when I tried one it refused to work

Last edited:

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Thanks, apparently he's tried a full size 2GB SD card but it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
So it's now nearly a month since my last post, and the issue still isn't resolved. Sorry to 'make it public' but emails to furrtek by both myself and the person doing the mod for me have been ignored. Has anybody else had this problem, or heard from furrtek, or got any other suggestions what the problem might be? Apparently a hardware fault with the SD card board is a possibility, but no replacement has been sent as far as I'm aware...

McColbo

Overtop Pathfinder
So it's now nearly a month since my last post, and the issue still isn't resolved. Sorry to 'make it public' but emails to furrtek by both myself and the person doing the mod for me have been ignored. Has anybody else had this problem, or heard from furrtek, or got any other suggestions what the problem might be? Apparently a hardware fault with the SD card board is a possibility, but no replacement has been sent as far as I'm aware...

My last contact was about a month and a half ago, I got the e-mail saying it was my turn on the list, I responded back a week later and never heard back.

dudemike

n00b
Hi guys! Maybe someone help me.

The console can no longer boot the menu. Its blink blue, 3 times green e after that nothing. Try to replace the sd card, same issue.

I didn't see this code in LED blink codes

3rdman01

n00b
I had the same issue reaching him...my loader didn't work and he didn't respond to any emails. Finally though after a month, he sent me my replacement and it should arrive on Monday. However he never did respond to my emails... I suspect he is simply catching up on resolving the manufacturing issues he has and doesn't have time or patience to answer every email?

Well he's updated the news page since my post, so must still be active. It mentions a manufacturing fault, maybe this is why mine doesn't work:

http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/news.php

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
Thanks for that, hopefully will get a replacement too. How did you know it had been sent?

3rdman01

n00b
Thanks for that, hopefully will get a replacement too. How did you know it had been sent?

I got tracking info via Paypal.

By the way, my replacement arrived yesterday and after believing it was a busted unit (my fault), its working perfectly so thank you furtek if you are reading this.

If it helps, I made a point of emailing him every 3rd day or so just to remind him of my issue and he did come through so I have nothing to complain about really. I should also note, I was never rude in my correspondence...it may be that he is dealing with a lot of issues (personal or otherwise) for all we know.

Last edited:

Bigbert

n00b
Does anyone know how to set the dip switch setting? Turn on the dip switch i want before loading the game?
I can't see any effect of the switch when the game is loaded.

Last edited:

Bigbert

n00b
Hi guys! Maybe someone help me.

The console can no longer boot the menu. Its blink blue, 3 times green e after that nothing. Try to replace the sd card, same issue.

I didn't see this code in LED blink codes

Maybe there is loose contact between the SD loader board and the 68000 chip on the mainboard. I tried depressed the loader board tightly onto the 68000 chip and problem solved!

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Got mine a few weeks ago. Yesterday I installed it on the console. Pretty easy installation even though I kept the cd drive.

I've had some problems due to a nonworking rca cable, I thought I broke the console but it turns out everything works like a charm.

With my revision I had no trouble using a 4GB Sandisk microSD to install the firmware. Now using a 64GB Sandisk for the games and no problems at all.

Using it is pretty simple and straightforward (loading times could be better tho) but I'd propose the following changes:
- To be able to go back to the sdloader menu once a game has already been launched
- To have an ALL category for games so you don't have to go through each letter

Cheers and great work Furrtek!