Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: NeoGeo CD SD Loader

  1. #1
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    81

    NeoGeo CD SD Loader

    I've used the search but didn't find anything on the topic.

    http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/

    They are releasing an sd loader for the NGCD, allegedly in a month or so. For me it's great news if the load times are OK, we'll wait and see but I plan on buying one from the first batch just to give it a try.

    Thoughts about this?

    And speaking of NGCD, I have a top loader with a JP PSU and I have to go through the hassle of voltage converter and everything. Is there a way to get a EU/220V PSU without having to buy a expensive original one?

  2. #2
    Azu Bla

    Bishamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada

    Posts
    3,609
    You have no idea how frustrated I am that I literally threw out my 'backup' Neo CD unit because the optical drive failed, and I tried repairing/replacing the drive, which didn't work, so I gave up. This was almost 20 years ago; it never occurred to me that there would ever be optical drive emulators. I still have my original Neo CD (purchased new from SNK in the 'States), but I don't want to replace the drive in that one. Fvck.

  3. #3
    N00b of Syougi
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    206
    Great furrtek news !

  4. #4
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    TotalMoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK

    Posts
    63
    Interesting.. I'll be keeping an eye on this!
    Cheers for the link!

  5. #5
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    12,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    You have no idea how frustrated I am that I literally threw out my 'backup' Neo CD unit because the optical drive failed, and I tried repairing/replacing the drive, which didn't work, so I gave up. This was almost 20 years ago; it never occurred to me that there would ever be optical drive emulators. I still have my original Neo CD (purchased new from SNK in the 'States), but I don't want to replace the drive in that one. Fvck.
    That is so frustrating! how do you live with yourself!?

  6. #6
    Another Striker
    NexusX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Houston, Tx

    Posts
    324
    So what is this going to be priced at? They offer the shipping costs but no unit pricing that I could see.

  7. #7
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    6,943
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    That is so frustrating! how do you live with yourself!?
    lol

  8. #8
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    So what is this going to be priced at? They offer the shipping costs but no unit pricing that I could see.
    They just said "2 digits" price. So I'm guessing around 90$

  9. #9
    Kyo's Flame
    DanAdamKOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

    Posts
    8,232
    I really like that it maintains capability to also run CDs, best of both worlds.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    titchgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    841
    I saw this very promising news yesterday and I am excited to see what its like!
    Does say its not compatible with the unibios though

    OP - You can buy a new PSU from a seller on ebay that plugs in via a IEC lead:

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283596378447

  11. #11
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by titchgamer View Post
    OP - You can buy a new PSU from a seller on ebay that plugs in via a IEC lead:

    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283596378447
    Thanks mate. Saw that but 50€ por a PSU is way above what I intend to pay.

  12. #12
    Azu Bla

    Bishamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada

    Posts
    3,609
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    That is so frustrating! how do you live with yourself!?
    I know, right?

  13. #13
    Cock Killer with Ice D
    oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Calgary

    Posts
    2,062
    What kind of load times could the SD provide compared to what was it, 2x if you upgraded to a CDZ?

  14. #14
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    What kind of load times could the SD provide compared to what was it, 2x if you upgraded to a CDZ?
    This I think is the main issue. Furrtek said that they will improve but that the ram will be the limiting part anyhow so...

  15. #15
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    12,119
    This is a great product for those into CD stuff, I mean if you like a reduced library and less frames of animation. But those CD tunes right? BETTER.

  16. #16
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    118
    Very cool! It will be interesting to see what they can do with the load times.

  17. #17
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,705
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    This is a great product for those into CD stuff, I mean if you like a reduced library and less frames of animation. But those CD tunes right? BETTER.
    How dare you besmirch the mighty name of the Best Neo Geo.

  18. #18
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    titchgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    841
    The pre order/interest list is open now for those who are interested.

  19. #19
    Krauser's Henchman
    lions3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by titchgamer View Post
    The pre order/interest list is open now for those who are interested.
    Thanks for the heads up. At their current price this seems more than reasonable to make an old top loader relevant again. Registered

  20. #20
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    titchgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by lions3 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. At their current price this seems more than reasonable to make an old top loader relevant again. Registered
    Yeah I think 75E is pretty reasonable considering you can leave the CD drive in also if you wish.

  21. #21
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    81
    I registered for the waiting list... let's see...

  22. #22
    Raiden's Valet
    3rdStrikeMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Fargo, ND

    Posts
    589
    I've been waiting for something like this for awhile now. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

  23. #23
    Rugal's Thug
    Arcade Magician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SNK Amusement Park

    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrikeMike View Post
    I've been waiting for something like this for awhile now. I'm excited to see how it turns out.
    How about more than 15 years? (I bought my NGCDTL in 98)

    Le's see the reviews... but I'm sure it will be great!

  24. #24
    Krauser's Henchman
    lions3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC

    Posts
    1,099
    Any updates? I have a NG Cd with a dead laser that this would be great for.

  25. #25
    N00b of Syougi
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    206

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •