Booting my MVS after 10 yrs, need some help

riskVSreward

Rugal's Thug
I got my MVS 2slot out of storage recently and I'm having trouble booting up games. I'm hoping this isn't a big issue as it appears to be working for the most part. Every time on boot, it just keeps cycling between the hardware tests/settings and never starts a game. I tried plugging in just 1 game, in either slot, and 2 games together to no avail. I installed a Unibios about 10 years ago, not entirely sure of the version number, and I'm hoping there might be a button combo or something I'm overlooking. I tried hard dip 1 and nothing changed. It's just been so long that I don't remember this level of testing/booting, it used to just boot directly into game but I'm not sure if I changed some settings before storing it.

Thanks for any help.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
If its cycling through the tests it probably is not recognising the game?

Have you cleaned the cart edge and the cart slots?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Definitely give it a good cleaning in the contacts. And check that dreaded battery for leakage.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm assuming that the hard dip for test menu is not stuck on, give it a good cleaning and see if there are any leaks or capacitor issues on the board as well

riskVSreward

Rugal's Thug
Thanks guys, I'll be cleaning the connector out and trying a few other games. I think the battery is ok because it still remembers the date, I changed it out for a new one when I first got it. Hopefully the board is ok. I'll be back if I still have issues.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
The battery can still hold a charge and still leak and corrode things. I have had two 2 slot boards damaged because I was lazy and didn't remove them while I had the chance.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Thanks guys, I'll be cleaning the connector out and trying a few other games. I think the battery is ok because it still remembers the date, I changed it out for a new one when I first got it. Hopefully the board is ok. I'll be back if I still have issues.

Take it out anyway. I just checked my 4 slot that was keeping time; bottom of the battery was starting to corrode. It's probably a good practice anyway, just to eliminate problems in the future.