MVS -> AES converter? Phantom vs Fusion? (vs Daedalus)?

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Hi all, I picked up my first AES not to long ago, and bought a Furrtek Fusion to used my MVS carts with the system. Other than the deathgrip, the Fusion has been running swell for me, but in a recent pickup, the buyer included a Phantom-1 in the bundle of carts I picked up.

Other than briefly reading around the forums and on Furrtek's page, is there any major misses with the Phantom converter? I was considering which one to keep and sell, but from what I had tested, both converters work with all the games in my collection surprisingly well (SS4, KOF 99-2003, MS1,X,3). Other than the janky case that is included with the Phantom, both units seem comparable. Is there anything that the Fusion can do that the Phantom cannot?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's probably better to just get a NeoSD for Home Console and call it a day.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Ahh, I have a cabinet with a 4-Slot already, just picked up the AES to have as something for occasional couch gaming.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Phantom had problems with some systems if the cart slot pins weren't tight enough, and some systems had scaling issues although I never personally had that issue.

Personally I'd take the phantom over the Fusion because of the death grip, but I've never had a real issue with the Fusion other than Slug X doesn't work with it.

The_jake

n00b
They’re both the same pretty much. I’m guessing the phantom is cheaper but harder to come by bc it hasn’t been in production in some time.

avramce

Kabuki Klasher
Well, decided to test scaling on the converter with Last Blade, since it is easy to manipulate the scaling in Vs or Training mode. The Fusion doesn't handle it well :/

Fighters together (scaled in):
Screenshot_20191126-175628.jpg

Fighters apart (scaled out):
Screenshot_20191126-175605.jpg

Yuck. :(