Neo Stick D Button Not working

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I made a custom stick from scratch some time ago and I'm just getting back to seeing what the deal is with this thing - I'm sure it's probably something stupid but figured I'd ask here.

The stick uses DB15 pinout and the intent was to use it both on a supergun and neo mvs.
6 button layout 3 top 3 bottom

Initially i used pin 9 for 2Kick/Medium kick on the gun since it wasn't in use, and left pin 4 for D on the neo.

All directions on the stick and ABC work when pin 4 and pin 9 are connected.

If I only use pin 4 and disconnect pin 9 D doesn't work

If I disconnect pin 4 and use pin 9 for D it doesn't work

If I have both 9 and 4 connected, D doesnt work

Ground loop buzzes out fine and all buttons buzz out fine when depressed so i'm stumped here.

Appreciate the help.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Does it have a pcb in it or is it just wired directly to the switches?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
So it is something basic and stupid - the db15 connector on the stick has loose pins inside the housing - even though i can get them to pass continuity, when i use a controller extension cable (which i failed to mention) pin 4 doesnt test good.
Basically the stick itself was fine - but I need to use an extension cable because the original stick db15 female end is a tad short for the neo port.
I'm going to just buy a new longer db15 cable and rewire the stick at some point.

Thanks anyways though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The ballz are deep, but the pins not so much.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
So it is something basic and stupid - the db15 connector on the stick has loose pins inside the housing - even though i can get them to pass continuity, when i use a controller extension cable (which i failed to mention) pin 4 doesnt test good.
Basically the stick itself was fine - but I need to use an extension cable because the original stick db15 female end is a tad short for the neo port.
I'm going to just buy a new longer db15 cable and rewire the stick at some point.

Thanks anyways though.

Weird. Well glad you found it. I get nice DB15 cables on Amazon for super cheap and they've all been great. I'd try there

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Thanks, yeah I'll give them a try. The ones I have dont appear to have a way to separate the Male portion from the hood.

The ones on amazon i found dont look very long on the female plug. I'd guess maybe half inch deep?
Got a link by chance?

Last edited: