Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exa-arcadia, the new neo geo?

AES Price Guide Analyst
    International Moderator

Exa-arcadia, the new neo geo?

Any opinon or impression about exa arcadia first games line up?

Some shooters seem cool and even sunsoft is making a game for the system.

Crazed MVS Addict

This game look like Blazing Star on Neo-Geo
    https://exa.ac/en/games/infinos-exa-2/?v=11aedd0e4327

But this hardware it's more Taito style, instead of SNK.

exA-Arcadia YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfy...ki6RPO2N0aSesw

https://exa.ac/en/

Interesting, Wait & See

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

At that price I ain't touching this with a ten foot pole.

!!

Rugal's Thug

Neo-Neo-Geo? Hardly, lol. That's just yet another arcade board (and probably some filthy x86-64 PC board at that).

edit: to be quite honest I'm warming up to the idea after reading more about it. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Burning Fight!!; 11-15-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Azu Bla

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    At that price I ain't touching this with a ten foot pole.
    Exactly.

I wouldn't consider this the next Neo-Geo, since the Neo-Geo was relatively affordable. The Atomiswave had the potential to be the next Neo-Geo, but just didn't see the support (though I doubt any arcade hardware will have the longevity of the MVS platform, it would certainly have to be less expensive).

The price is because it's for operators not home use. Let's not forget that MVS kits were in the 7-1000 range for ops back in the day. We'll see what happens second hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    He can't even tell the difference between shopping in a store and watching a fictional mad max movie. He thinks he saw Tina Turner working there.

-餓狼伝説弟子-

I was ready to write this off until I saw Daraku Tenshi/Fallen Angels on the game list. I assume this will be just the arcade release of the Daraku Tenshi update/“complete version” they are already working on since that release was stated to be planned for both consoles and arcades...

https://nichegamer.com/2019/05/26/un...-and-consoles/

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Reichsf?rer-Finnland

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    The price is because it's for operators not home use. Let's not forget that MVS kits were in the 7-1000 range for ops back in the day. We'll see what happens second hand.
    Yeah, but still, imagine paying close to 5k to play this:

Last edited by Late; 11-17-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: saaskjnakjnajnaj

AES Price Guide Analyst
    International Moderator

Exactly. The system is even cart based.

Quote Originally Posted by Late View Post
    Yeah, but still, imagine playing close to 5k to play this:

Yea some of the titles aren't really catching me. But, from what I understand, Steam is not a big thing in Japan, so these titles are just filler. Even Aka to Blue started as a mobile game and I think that's their biggest game.
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?
    He can't even tell the difference between shopping in a store and watching a fictional mad max movie. He thinks he saw Tina Turner working there.

Hardened Shock Trooper

IIRC back in the days you didn't actually "buy" the cab/game, but you rented it and paid royalties on each quarter the machine got which, some people say, it's what caused the premature demise of many arcade businesses.

Exa's business plan seems way more profitable than the ones back in the days.

EDIT: profitable from an arcade operator point of view.

The EXA platform operates off of a specially designed and secure PC platform. Features include:

Comparable in power to the Playstation 4 Pro or Xbox One X game consoles.
    JAMMA compatible using the JVS I/O standard.
    Compatible with both 16:9 LCD and 4:3 CRT monitors.
    Can hold up to four game cartridges
    No internet is required to use the EXA board – once you buy the platform and the game kit, it is yours. There is no need to connect it to the internet to access your game content, nor worry about sharing revenues with a manufacturer or even a distributor like Primetime Amusements.
    https://primetimeamusements.com/exa-...-need-to-know/

Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    IIRC back in the days you didn't actually "buy" the cab/game, but you rented it and paid royalties on each quarter the machine got which, some people say, it's what caused the premature demise of many arcade businesses.

Exa's business plan seems way more profitable than the ones back in the days.

EDIT: profitable from an arcade operator point of view.
    There was an option to rent from "distributor operators", but back home, there were three arcades and they bought their machines so it was all profit. But mini Marts had to rent them.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Late View Post
    Yeah, but still, imagine playing close to 5k to play this:

Wy Shy away from it's greatness White Brow?

!!

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Those watermelons look so real!!!

I’m sold!!!

Rotterdam Nation Resident
    They call me Quiet. But I'm a Riot. Mary-Jo-Lisa. Always the same. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name.

Jesus vs Buddha? Sign me up.

Cham Cham's Banana

Some of the shooters look great, Blazing Chrome and Infino's Exa stand out. Fighter wise, Axel City 2 looks OK. I could see SNK putting the new Samuari Shodown on there, possibly one of the 3D KOF's. I think it would be too much to hope for some 2D SNK stuff.

Hardened Shock Trooper

There was an option to rent from "distributor operators", but back home, there were three arcades and they bought their machines so it was all profit. But mini Marts had to rent them.
    Interesting, never knew you could buy the actual cabs. Guess that for small places it was more profitable renting the cabs rather than buying them upfront.

Cham Cham's Banana

An extremely expensive product. The content offered does not justify that disbursement of money.

PATRIOTS IN BARCELONA (SPAIN) 10/8/2017

This thread should probably be merged into the existing one in the right sub-forum, as it has nothing to do with SNK.

AES Price Guide Analyst
    International Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This thread should probably be merged into the existing one in the right sub-forum, as it has nothing to do with SNK.
    the news section is for threads pertaining neo geo, not only snk.

exa arcadia could be a new neo geo and shares some features of the snk mvs machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA 4TH GEN View Post
    An extremely expensive product. The content offered does not justify that disbursement of money.
    Says the guy who buys crappy pal versions of crappy games.

Cham Cham's Banana

????
    SUPER NINTENDO games are antiques and jewels, they are products of a time that will no longer return. That's why so many people collect them. They have a demand that does not stop growing, and their prices are skyrocketing. They have been greatly revalued, especially those preserved almost perfect. Nothing comparable to an absurdly inflated price machine since its inception today. You have no fucking idea what you are talking about, kid.

PATRIOTS IN BARCELONA (SPAIN) 10/8/2017

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA 4TH GEN View Post
    ????
    SUPER NINTENDO games are antiques and jewels, they are products of a time that will no longer return. That's why so many people collect them. They have a demand that does not stop growing, and their prices are skyrocketing. They have been greatly revalued, especially those preserved almost perfect. Nothing comparable to an absurdly inflated price machine since its inception today. You have no fucking idea what you are talking about, kid.
    The fact you consistently talk about the "value" of your purchase shows me that you care a lot about what something costs. You like to front about what you spent. No one cares. And collectors that buy things that were meant to be played to sit on a shelf? That's laughable, nice of you to curse at me as well. Obviously you can't talk in a normal tone.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Kid Panda; 11-16-2019 at 01:01 PM.

ネオジオ

Quote Originally Posted by FTL View Post
    the news section is for threads pertaining neo geo, not only snk.

exa arcadia could be a new neo geo and shares some features of the snk mvs machine.
    is this corroborated by SNK or EXA's people or is it your personal wish/hope? Last time I talked to Shou or SNK, they didn't mention any of it, and by the same logic Taito Type X, running KoF games already, falls under the same definition. even if one game lands on the platform, it's quite a stretch calling it a successor.

edit:

I see your point about the four slot feature though, yet still a stretch putting this under SNK/Neo news... maybe general discussion.
    Last edited by massimiliano; 11-16-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Thread Information