Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The struggle to not cash in on Neo Geo AES consoles and games..

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    To be fair, that physics fix for Super Mario All-Stars is awesome, I have it and the classic graphics hack applied to a ROM on my SNES flash cart.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/604/
    Thanks for letting us know.

Hi Lachlan!

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    toilet paper?
    Or some gifts for the bull in your case.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Hi Lachlan!
    Hay Gohan!

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSlugVet View Post
    I was on eBay a few weeks ago and saw a American Neo Geo AES sell for 700 (not cib or anything) . I love my AES but man the prices are through the roof. I even put my American AES on eBay for $700 and today I had an offer for $650.

I was .1 seconds away from letting go of my Neo geo but the more I thought of it the more I knew I would regret it. Have you lately been thinking itís time to let go of your beloved AES and games or will the Neo geo go with you to the grave?

I know a lot of people here have sold off their stuff, you guys chime in too. This isnít a price speculation thread but more the emotional struggle of seeing stuff you love sell for a lot of money and being tempted.
    I've sold a few games that I regret now, Kof 2002, AoF 3, Sengoku 3, Metal Slug 2 but in a lot of cases I used the money for important things ( Vet bills, other bills)
    but I also spent some of it on things that I rally wanted at the time but didn't really need ( Transformers, and other collectables).

so If you are going to sell Stuff My advise is Make sure that you are going to be OK with it later, or you really are in a bind and its the best option you have.

I just recently found a somewhat acceptable way to get Kof 2002 and sengoku 3 back with the Neo Mini and the ASP, its not the same, but at least its something

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by Takuma79 View Post
    I've sold a few games that I regret now, Kof 2002, AoF 3, Sengoku 3, Metal Slug 2 but in a lot of cases I used the money for important things ( Vet bills, other bills)
    but I also spent some of it on things that I rally wanted at the time but didn't really need ( Transformers, and other collectables).

so If you are going to sell Stuff My advise is Make sure that you are going to be OK with it later, or you really are in a bind and its the best option you have.

I just recently found a somewhat acceptable way to get Kof 2002 and sengoku 3 back with the Neo Mini and the ASP, its not the same, but at least its something
    Just switch to MVS then.

All those games you listed would be pretty cheap.

Crazed MVS Addict

a brazillion years ago I sold off nearly my entire game library and consoles, I went through what most of you guys mentioned. Just realizing that all of these possessions were taking up space and my love for having all that stuff was in question. Almost like the chase was more exciting and I was left weighed down with a "now what?" feeling. Fast forward about 11 years and I restarted the entire chase and have acquired far more than I ever had before. I never did find good deals on a few of those "ULTRA RARE zOMG" games like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Magical Chase (DOH!), but I feel the quality of titles I have in my library overall is the best it's ever been.

But now, that feeling starts to creep back in... Should I just sell it all off in 2020 and see what I want to do from there?

Quote Originally Posted by turbosage View Post
    a brazillion years ago I sold off nearly my entire game library and consoles, I went through what most of you guys mentioned. Just realizing that all of these possessions were taking up space and my love for having all that stuff was in question. Almost like the chase was more exciting and I was left weighed down with a "now what?" feeling. Fast forward about 11 years and I restarted the entire chase and have acquired far more than I ever had before. I never did find good deals on a few of those "ULTRA RARE zOMG" games like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Magical Chase (DOH!), but I feel the quality of titles I have in my library overall is the best it's ever been.

But now, that feeling starts to creep back in... Should I just sell it all off in 2020 and see what I want to do from there?
    I find it best to not sell everything, but sell most of the stuff you don't really play and keep a few of the ones you really love. Best of both worlds really, and you can just use an Everdrive or something to play those oddball titles when you get the itch. Like with Genesis and PCE I sold most of it off but I kept about 20 games from each. Couldn't be happier and I don't miss the games that are gone, and when I get the itch for original games on original hardware I still have some there for playing.

Ikari Warrior

I find it best to not sell everything, but sell most of the stuff you don't really play and keep a few of the ones you really love. Best of both worlds really, and you can just use an Everdrive or something to play those oddball titles when you get the itch.
    Your best of both words sounds indeed like a perfectly balanced way to go. In my opinion, any collection should be able to integrate everdrives in a clever way, and I really like it how you did that.

Crossed Swords Squire

I find it best to not sell everything, but sell most of the stuff you don't really play and keep a few of the ones you really love. Best of both worlds really, and you can just use an Everdrive or something to play those oddball titles when you get the itch. Like with Genesis and PCE I sold most of it off but I kept about 20 games from each. Couldn't be happier and I don't miss the games that are gone, and when I get the itch for original games on original hardware I still have some there for playing.
    I feel like everdrives and a couple of games you're fond of is the way to go. I mean, no one could possibly have an affinity for every Neo title, individually... I have most of my retro stuff sold off and aside from my Turbo Duo which I had to because of financial difficulties at the time I don't really miss it. I've kept a few games that mean something to me or have a nostalgic feeling for, because for the most part unless you want to play them they don't really mean much beyond their shelf space dimensions and a +1 in the totals.

For the games I don't own, it used to be enough to just fire up an emulator and play them, but it never felt right (aka the MUH ACCURACY hoarder's excuse). An everdrive pulls that out of the equation entirely and makes adding games to an already big collection nowadays a moot point, after all the whole point of the cartridges/discs is to play the games inside them, always was and always will be (exceptions apply to "preservationist" wannabes?). There are plenty of people who care about old video games, but also couldn't care less about old Chinese plastique circlejerking.

tl;dr: everdrives available = don't buy overpriced games in 2020, dummy. And maybe sell a few of your own.

Why So Many X's?

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    I feel like everdrives and a couple of games you're fond of is the way to go. I mean, no one could possibly have an affinity for every Neo title, individually... I have most of my retro stuff sold off and aside from my Turbo Duo which I had to because of financial difficulties at the time I don't really miss it. I've kept a few games that mean something to me or have a nostalgic feeling for, because for the most part unless you want to play them they don't really mean much beyond their shelf space dimensions and a +1 in the totals.

For the games I don't own, it used to be enough to just fire up an emulator and play them, but it never felt right (aka the MUH ACCURACY hoarder's excuse). An everdrive pulls that out of the equation entirely and makes adding games to an already big collection nowadays a moot point, after all the whole point of the cartridges/discs is to play the games inside them, always was and always will be (exceptions apply to "preservationist" wannabes?). There are plenty of people who care about old video games, but also couldn't care less about old Chinese plastique circlejerking.

tl;dr: everdrives available = don't buy overpriced games in 2020, dummy. And maybe sell a few of your own.
    Basically. I canít bring myself to sell my stuff off - but Iím not really buying much these days.

MVS carts still but nothing else. I got the RetroBit rerelease of Metal Storm specifically for the mech statue - I had been working on a 3D print of it but stopped since the cost of filament and my time would be about same as the re-release lol

Galford's Armourer

Actually, now that someone mentioned it, another thing which sometimes brings me to buy even expensive stuff is their actual emulation state.

For example, I've played a ton of Progear on MAME but when looking at Youtube arcade replays it just didn't feel right, so I decided to get into CPS2.

I've never played Progear when I was a kid, it just grew me when I got recently into shmups so I don't have particular feelings about it, but it's one of the most solid shmups I've ever played and deserved to be played right.

K's Therapist

I've never owned a flashcart, everdrive, multicart etc. before.

I doubt I ever will.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post

I doubt I ever will.
    Congrats

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

I doubt I ever will.
    Oh no here we go, another self righteous collector perfectionist curator guy.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

I doubt I ever will.
    I own a Neo Geo AES, and boy does Samurai Shodown 2 ever fucking SUCK when you can't just press one button to do a hard attack.

A+B in 2019? What's wrong with you?

Why So Many X's?

The struggle to not cash in on Neo Geo AES consoles and games..

I doubt I ever will.
    Ok, save some pussy for the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by bulbousbeard View Post
    I own a Neo Geo AES, and boy does Samurai Shodown 2 ever fucking SUCK when you can't just press one button to do a hard attack.

Why you don't you reprogram it then champ? Share your God like code with the rest of the World?

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Your best of both words sounds indeed like a perfectly balanced way to go. In my opinion, any collection should be able to integrate everdrives in a clever way, and I really like it how you did that.
    I can't remember who it was on here (Ballz maybe?) But someone got every game they own down to a few shelves on a bookcase, and the games they had left were the best of the best. I hope to get to that point.

Why So Many X's?

Man, heaven forbid you have to hit two buttons at the same time.

Maybe try not being retarded?

I doubt I ever will.
    I had dinner with E. Kawasaki recently; after a few shots of sakť, we talked about the Neo SD. His face crumpled for two seconds until he said, "It's not a bad idea."

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    Man, heaven forbid you have to hit two buttons at the same time.

Maybe try not being retarded?
    Lol, most every neo fighting game after about 94 or so had two button moves.

Why So Many X's?

Lol, most every neo fighting game after about 94 or so had two button moves.
    You think he struggles taking screen shots on his phone?

K's Therapist

KP beat me to it. Old video games are nothing but bad code/programing whatevernkasjdnjsandn.

Quote Originally Posted by XxHennersXx View Post
    Ok, save some pussy for the rest of us
    I don't know why you're sexualizing this topic, but yeah, I don't own an everdrive. Is this supposed to make me some kind of nerd?

My posts ooze machismo compared to yours. Maybe you should think before you stereotype???

Why So Many X's?

KP beat me to it. Old video games are nothing but bad code/programing whatevernkasjdnjsandn.

I don't know why you're sexualizing this topic, but yeah, I don't own an everdrive. Is this supposed to make me some kind of nerd?

My posts ooze machismo compared to yours. Maybe you should think before you stereotype???
    Itís not a stereotype? Itís a phrase basically meaning ďno one caresĒ

Thread Information